oil based paints ban!?

... not until the Cabinet finishes rolling over.

Reply to
GregP

You radical republicans really ought to grow up and stop doing that to old folks.

Reply to
Rumpty

I hear he's a giant chicken.

*collective gasp*

Any other Animaniacs fans around?

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

And steal candy from babies.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

But I do get what you're driving at.

Reply to
patrick conroy

What station was the report on? There has been no mention of such a ban on any of the Buffalo, NY TV stations' news reports and nothing in the local newspaper. I also did a "Google" search and can find nothing.

Nova

but they make funny sounds as the bounce off the stairs, and don't knock eating live puppies unless you've tried it!

Reply to
Richard Clements

and how do the oil company's benefit? they don't make the additive

Reply to
Richard Clements

Mileage drops, more fuel is used.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Not only that, but here in SE Wisconsin, some of the gas has been wrecking fuel injectors resulting in very expensive injector replacements on quite a few vehicles. Nice stuff, huh?

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Time to lay in a few cases of my favorite varieties. And a lot of Bloxygen too. At my level of consumption, that works out to around 40 or 50 quarts to last the rest of my life. I guess that's just too much for the neo nazi environmentalists.

Does this also mean no lacquer thinner? How will I/we clean up epoxy? Will epoxy be effectively banned as well?

Maybe we'll go back to the old days of mixing our own finishes ala Stradivari.

BTW, "all oil base products" covers an enormous territory, not limits to finish applied to wood. There's also a lot of food products that are oil base or have oil in them.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

It was broadcast on Rochester WOKR Channel 13 (ABC) on the 6PM news, maybe a few days ago.

I hope somebody made a mistake. That would sure be egg on Don Alhart's face, though!

PS I just did a somewhat superficial search on WOKR TV's page and didn't find anything!?

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:35:43 GMT, Ba r r y calmly ranted:

Price goes up 10% for adding alcohol, mileage drops 10% from the less potent alcohol, fuel sales increase 10% as a result. Who loses? US! Who wins? Oil companies, on both sides of the equation.

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You obviously don't understand much about gasoline economics. The winner is - The US! They invest nothing, transport nothing, refine nothing, market nothing, yet they and the states profit more than anyone else in the chain.

Now let's talk cigarettes....

Reply to
George

Reply to
nospambob

"Wok your puppy" --Robin Williams, "Good Morning Vietnam".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Doesn't mean anything. Jack Daniels is made in a dry county.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Here's a link to a newspaper article .

Looks like they think that the VOCs in paint _create_ ozone somehow. I think there's confusion here on the part of the press. Of course the New York State Government's search engine is hosed.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Right. I just find it funny when stuff like that happens.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

You certainly do love to talk. Of course, it'd be better if you were saying something meaningful.

When you can come up with anything but crap to show that a twenty minute weekly stint with a lawnmower pollutes like a four hour/five-day commute, you let me know, hey?

Then we'll talk about the difference between a quart of solvent finish in one in fifty houses three times a year versus daily factory use of drums.

Reply to
George