Ohio #7 Jointer Plane Question

I'm trying to restore this old plane but the opening in the sole is only 3/16" wide. Is it possible this was a scraper plane with the iron mounted close to vertical. There are some small notches above the mouth where you'd expect a scraper blade to go, but I've never heard of a #7 Scraper Plane.
Thanks, Peter