oh, gee, I forgot...

had an installation scheduled for today. stayed up late last night getting ready. went to bed around 2 AM, so I was still a bit groggy when I got up, loaded the truck and headed over. unloaded the cabinets and tools and got talking to the general contractor about the install. he had a gas line to run through the kicks and up behind the oven, so we were gonna make sure it would be in the right place and that he could buy the right size pipes and so forth. we opened the crate with the oven in it to see what the clearances behind it would be like, and I started measuring stuff. the numbers weren't making sense, and I wasn't sure why until I looked at the label on the crate. Jenn-air. I had designed with an install sheet for a bosch oven. this thing is too big to fit.

called the owner at work.

"well, they were out of that one, so I got a different one. I forgot to tell you..."

Reply to
bridger

Yikes!! So what happens now??

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Typical situation! The customer will want it made to fit, whatever it takes, on the contractors dime! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Depends upon the specs and how loud you can holler "Change Order". Around here the customer would pay, and pay dearly. I was afraid the whole time that bridger was going to say the he measured the stove wrong, not the wrong stove..

My bet is that the customer will see reason and trade in the JennAir for the original stove ... sure hope so.

Reply to
Swingman

... snip

Sounds like a change order is in the works. Good luck

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Mark & Juanita

Crikey.

Reply to
Silvan
[snipperectomy]

In my line of work (solid surface countertops) there is a phase where all the 'sizes' are nailed down to the point that the customer assumes all responsibilities for things not fitting. When I take a template for a countertop, I want the cooktop/stove/slide-in-range, taps, sinks all to be there on the job site BEFORE I cut my first piece of material. The customer agrees to that at the time of deposit. I take the cooktop and the sink with me to the shop If it's a slide-in stove, I take the paperwork that came with the stove AFTER I check the dimensions against the product. I will not, under any circumstances go ahead with a job unless all those conditions are met.

Also, If the customer wants high-gloss or a dark colour, the customers signs a waiver. I will NOT come to your house and remove fingerprints from your countertop.

0?0

Rob

Reply to
Robatoy