offset base for PC 310 trim router

Anybody know of a part number for an offset base that works with the Porter Cable 310 production laminate trimmer? Or even better, where one might be found? Old numbers and used parts are welcome!

Oh, to avoid potential confusion: this isn't a simple offset base plate. It's an accessory with an offset shaft, like the currently-offered PC

7311 shown here:

I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor.

Thanks!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Go to Pat Warner's site

he makes them and sells them.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Doncha just love how people read the OP so carefully?

Reply to
toller

Let's see... the OP said

"But I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor."

I said.......

"Go to Pat Warner's site

he makes them and sells them."

and if you went there, you would have found.........

if you know of a base for a 310 that looks like the one he referenced, then please feel free to offer it up.

Doncha ya just love how people jump before reading so carefully....

Reply to
BobS

"this isn't a simple offset base plate. It's an accessory with an offset shaft, like the currently-offered PC

7311 shown here:
"He specifically stated he didn't want an offset baseplate to stop people from cluttering up the thread with links to patwarner. He even provided a link to illustrate precisely what he wanted. But you went ahead and referred him to an offset baseplate. Gosh I hope you are just a troll of some sort.
Reply to
toller

I was trying to help. I've never seen an attachment like that for a 310.

You're being a complete asshole isn't helping the OP either so rather than rag on my post - try to contribute something useful for a change.

Reply to
BobS

I accept your apology. Next time besure you understand the question before answering.

Reply to
toller

FWIW, you may know this, here is info from a customer comment at Amazon about the PC 7310 trimmer: "Sadly, Porter Cable no longer sells the excellent offset, angle, and other optional bases for the 310. If you need these you can acquire them used or new-old-stock, but they are getting harder to find. The premium prices of these trimmers and optional bases found on Ebay attest to the loyal following the 310 has. These bases are available for the 7310, but you will still have to deal with the inferior design and quality of that trimmer. Again, go with the DeWalt or Bosch if you need a complete trim kit with all the bases. If you don't need them, get the 310 and you'll be set for life. You'll be glad you did."

I looked at e-Bay and all I could find was a recently completed auction -- and it looked like it was a good deal for as used one w/ motor.

there is a current auction that includes a new motor with the offset base:
luck. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

That was not an apology by any stretch... and next time try to be helpful instead of being a complete ass.

Reply to
BobS

You just don't know when to shut up! (Hint, never say anything.)

Reply to
toller

Thanks, Bob. PC used to sell an offset base for the 310. I really much prefer the 310 trimmer to the 7310. They're just not the same class of tool.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Oh, yes! (G)

Thanks. Guess I was just too lazy to call yesterday and figured someone on the wreck would have a quick answer for me.

Cheers,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

There are at least two.

The model 5022 and the model 5031 bases fit the 3102 motor.

I'll go into the dirty paper vaults and post some dirty pictures on ABPW.

Reply to
Tom Watson

Boy, I couldn't have said it better myself! But, I haven't seen any offset bases for the 310 on eBay -- in my one day of looking. If you spot one, ring out loud and clear, please!

AAArrrrggghhh!!! Your links prompted me to search completed auctions, and lookie what I found:

is EXACTLY what I am looking for! And it went -- with a motor! -- for $89.10 just five days ago! Oh, the agony!

:-(

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Thanks, Tom. Youdaman! I think I used to have the 5031...the number rings a bell, anyway.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Do you know about the ebay function that e-mails you when what you are looking for comes up for auction? I haven't done one in a while but it is under My Ebay -- I think "favorite searches". That might help. Just don't make the search too narrow. Good luck. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

toller,

Come back when you have something to offer or at least try to be helpful. Now be nice, sit down and be quite.

Reply to
BobS