Office desk upper unit coming along

Page 2 of 2
On 3/26/2013 3:59 AM, Dave wrote:

I certainly hope you are getting the good beer for $40 a case. I am not sure what the mass merchandised Bud type crap beers cost these days but I typically pay $8~$10 for a 6 pack for the micro brew good stuff.
"Leom" wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

"Dave" wrote:

During the summer of 1989, took my sailboat and went on "cruise" from Sandusky, Oh across Lake Erie, up the Detroit River, across Lake St Clair, up the St Clair River, across Lake Huron, finally reaching The North Channel and the Georgian Bay.
It's a little over 1,200 mile round trip and at least a month's time if you expect to do anything but sail all the time.
Stopping to "stop and smell the roses" takes a little time.
It also requires a fair amount of beer to keep everything operating smoothly.
Had been warned that the Canadians were going to place a serious tax increase on beer to help fund their health care system.
Needless to say, ran out of beer and got hit with $25/case that went into place the day before.
Guess you are telling me that 24 years later,a case of beer is now $40 in Ontario.
Must be working to still be in effect.
Lew
On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:22:29 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Only problem is that there's drinking and boating laws now in Canada. Guessing there weren't any, (or laws that you paid attention to) back in 1989.
"Dave" wrote:

And what does any of that have to do with the price of beer in Ontario?
Lew

Thank you Mike!

Looks really good. I have to agree with Swingman that the curved edge adds a lot to the look.
Mike M
On 3/23/2013 3:50 PM, Mike M wrote:

from the same board, the grain matches all the way across. I had to pay attention and not screw up. ;~)

It'll be just gorgeous when finished/painted <GDR> No kidding, you do wonderful work ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/28/2013 9:26 AM, Han wrote:

Thank you Han!

I was wondering, will you be putting any pulls on those doors are will they have something like a push to release catch?
On 3/28/2013 12:12 PM, Dave wrote:

Yes there will be pulls which I designed and made on the cabinet doors, the same as I used on the desk. The doors have Euro hinges so thay are self closing and stay closed with out need for a catch.
Pulls similar to these but all white oak instead of walnut.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/6128444339/in/photostream/lightbox/