Office Desk

Page 1 of 2
Phase 1 of the office desk project is complete,right after I pull the green frog tape. Now to populate ir.
White oak for the frame work, cherry for the plywood panels on the sides, and drawer front panels. The top ended up being the Fire or Flame Soapstone which I think looks like a concrete floor with a brown stain and sealed.
http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/photos/lcb11211/8435995659 /

Looks great. How did you do the borders in the top? Those look fantastic from this angle.
--
Best regards
Han
On 2/1/2013 7:52 PM, Han wrote:

Same wood, butt joint 1.5" x .75". Single layer of plywood so it fis like a shoe box top.
Han wrote:

The green ones? That is the frog tape (before removal).
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 2/2/2013 7:42 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Yeah!

I think it looks better with the green border. I vote for leaving the frog tape on. :)
On 2/2/2013 8:52 AM, Dave wrote:

I was thinking that too. LOL I did have a few pieces of cobalt blue laminate left over from the airplane cabinet job.....
Too late now. :~)

The desk does look nice though. Guess when I win the lottery, I'm going to have to hire you and Karl to build the interior of my house for me.
On 2/2/2013 9:59 AM, Dave wrote:

You are hereby contractually obligated to spend not less than $50 week on lottery tickets until you do.
Just let us know when that happens, and when you want us to start.
;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/2/2013 9:59 AM, Dave wrote:

I suppose you want to win the big one vs. the scratch ofsf. :~)
"Leon" wrote:

----------------------------------------------------- Enjoy.
Lew
On 2/1/2013 8:44 PM, Leon wrote:

--
Jeff

On 2/1/2013 9:43 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Pretty much 3 weeks to the day. Thank you

Mighty fine, as usual. But, that's not really a desk ... more like a landing strip for those two airplanes you made that stand for, with drawers. ;)
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 2/1/2013 9:55 PM, Swingman wrote:

LOL. I have to reach quite a way to get into a drawer or to turn the computer off.
On 2/1/2013 8:44 PM, Leon wrote:

Leon, you tire me out just looking at all those great looking projects, one right after another. I don't see how you keep it up. That didn't come out right. You're the greatest.
--
GW Ross

A pessimist is never disappointed.

Thank you. I'm tired and certainly not the greatest.

Looks great, you'll to get one the the devices for old people to pick stuff up so you can get things from the far corner. 8-) I think you went with the right color.
Mike M

Thank you Mike. I figure the dust will collect high enough to keep what ever falls down there elevated high enough to reach.
I like the color however the cherry should darken significantly over the years. The cherry on the bedroom tower project that I was working on about three years ago has darkened nicely.

I've always wondered, how do wood prices compare down there in Texas to other parts of the US? Even if they're low, you still must have a hell of a monthly bill for all the wood you use.
Up here in Toronto and outlaying vicinities, wood prices are atrocious, especially hardwood. It's pretty aggravating considering the humongous amount of forestry we have.