Office Desk

I am looking for plans for an office desk. I have seen quite a few but none seem to have much in the way of looks.

Michael Q.

Reply to
Michael Q

Maybe you should describe what you're looking for, and just as important, what you're NOT looking for.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

No plans, but for inspiration you might look at the desk that Tom Plamann made .

topbs1

I may be wrong but, chances are that the man will find that a little beyond his capabilities.

CW

If you break this down into steps, it's probably not all that difficult. 'Cept mabe those columns with the helical rope.

Reply to
George Max

Thank you for the replies.

I am not sure what I am looking for - I guess I am really looking for inspiration and ideas. Some time ago someone said a desk is really only a couple of boxes with a flat piece of timber joining them and maybe some drawers in the boxes. It's the combination of those things that I am looking for.

The suggestion from a lister snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com to view the desk Tom Plamann made desk at

is truly marvellous.

I am still looking.

Reply to
Michael Q

Michael Q wrote: > Thank you for the replies. >

Start with a pair of 2 high metal file cabinets.

Throw a 36" wide solid core door on top of them.

You have a desk complete with filing space.

It works, I've done it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Desks are nothing new--I'm sure that Ramses had one. Rather than looking for desks specifically find a furniture style that you like and then explore that style and eventually you will find desks. If you don't find one that quite suits your needs then you can at least use existing examples for inspiration.

Reply to
J. Clarke