OFF TOPIC - That Time of Year

Page 1 of 2
Hi guys. Just back to wish you all season's greetings. For the PC weenies, happy holidays. For the rest of you all, it's Merry Christmas, Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, Happy Winter Solstice, and any other holiday around this time of the year. I'm not very PC, so you if decide to say Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, or Merry or Happy whatever to me, I'll wish it back to you. So if I say Merry Christmas to you first I would Merry Christmas back would b appropriate, but feel free to call back your h oliday instead, I won't mind. It isn't the holiday that matters, it's the thought. So happy whatever, and here's a card for all of you to share.
http://www.joe-ks.com/images/BadSanta.jpg
JOAT Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence. - Mohandas Gandhi
J T wrote:

We are expecting snow tomorrow ... and Sunday ... and Monday ... and Tuesday ... and maybe ending on Wednesday. Twitch. But I'm practicing my Bing Crosby imitation: Buh, buh, buh, boo... Iyyyyyyyyyum dreammmmmmmmmmin of a vwhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttteeeeeeeee Chrrrrriiiiiiiisssttttmaaaaaaaassssss... Oh well you get the idea.
Merry Christmas and a better New Year.     jo4hn
Fri, Dec 12, 2008, 8:04pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) done writ: We are expecting snow tomorrow ... and Sunday ... and Monday ... and Tuesday ... and maybe ending on Wednesday.<snip>
Yep. know exactly what you mean, got a cold spell here too, down to 47 today. Hehehehe If I was you I'd own a Flex Flier sled, and use it. Come to think of it I may just make one, for the 2-3 days it could be used her - if we get snow that is. Have a merry.
JOAT Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence. - Mohandas Gandhi
J T wrote:

Sorry to hear that JT. We got down to 58 last night. We don't get any days where a sled could be used.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Hay. Some warm places get snow. New Orleans, LA got 4-6 inches last week.
David G. Nagel wrote:

So much for "global warming".
--John

Oh dear.
Sat, Dec 13, 2008, 9:07pm (EST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com (Mark&Juanita) doth lament: <snip> We don't get any days where a sled could be used.
Sorry to hear that. A man needs to live in a pace with 4 seasons.
JOAT Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence. - Mohandas Gandhi
Bubba - I wish y'all the same and hope you don't get too much more yard art from your kinfolk.
I still think that the LUV can be turned into a HUMLUV.
Just needs some Bondo and a motor transplant and it's good to go.
Actually, when I'm not being a dumb smartass - I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas (assuming that there ain't no muslims, jews, seventh day adventists, taoists, dis-churched congregationalists, pagans, wiccans, nor any other anti-christmas folks that would be offended)
Other than the above - Noel.
tom
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:28:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Regards,
Fri, Dec 12, 2008, 11:21pm snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (TomWatson) didst scribe: Bubba - I wish y'all the same and hope you don't get too much more yard art from your kinfolk. I still think that the LUV can be turned into a HUMLUV. Just needs some Bondo and a motor transplant and it's good to go. Actually, when I'm not being a dumb smartass - I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas (assuming that there ain't no muslims, jews, seventh day adventists, taoists, dis-churched congregationalists, pagans, wiccans, nor any other anti-christmas folks that would be offended) Other than the above - Noel.
Yard "art" - errrgh.
The LUV already has a crate 350 with a Lunati cam, and it's gonna keep the primer and rust for awhile, it's gonna be a neat sleeper. Progress has slowed on it just nowtho, too cold for the kid in an uninsulated shop. That's in the works.
Way I figure if any of those people get offentded at a simplle :"Merry Christmas", and can't just accept it in the spirit it's given, then they're too tight-assed to dance.. But truth to say, all of thoe types I've met would all take it in the spirit given. Merry to you and yours too.
I's got a 'puter now, but still learning on it. Once I get the LUV on th e road I'll ost a picture over in ABPW, or a link here.
JOAT Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence. - Mohandas Gandhi
On Dec 12, 10:28pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

You forgot Festivus. For the rest of us. I have a few grievances to air. Gather around the pole.
Sat, Dec 13, 2008, 8:24am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) wandered in and mumbled: You forgot Festivus. For the rest of us. I have a few grievances to air. Gather around the pole.
Did not, you just didn't pay attention. It's clearly covered with "or whaever". Now I understand who the card was dedicated to
JOAT Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence. - Mohandas Gandhi
I hope we have snow at Christmas.
it'd be really nice to finally have a day this year when it doesn't rain.
Merry Bah Humbug Season to y'all, Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all persons of non-specific gender who try and find a reason to get offended by everything. and best wishes for the ongoing Milllennium.
Have a Good one, everybody.
Sat, Dec 13, 2008, 4:36pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@gasboardsmorgasbord.org (BoredBorg) doth proclameth: I hope we have snow at Christmas. it'd be really nice to finally have a day this year when it doesn't rain. <snip>
You don't have to shovel rain.
Bored Borg wrote:

it'd be really nice to finally have a day this year when it doesn't rain.
Nice part about living in SoCal:
Christmas day it's about 75F, open front door and look north to see the mountains tops, about 50 miles away, colored white.
Have been told that the white stuff is snow.
I don't plan on getting close enough to find out.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Look again and I'll wave.

Wuss.
"jo4hn" wrote:

OK, but will have to turn NE first.
Will I see your sleigh?

Actually, when it comes to weather, I have become a professional candy ass.
Anything below 60F and above 95F is not fit for human habitation IMHO.<G>.
Lew

Even if you don't, you can still Deck the Halls with Boston Charlie.
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:36:09 +0000, Bored Borg wrote:

And a splendiferous Saturnalia salutation to you!

A Card for everyone:
A B C D E F G H I J K M N O P Q R S T U U V W X Y Z