Off Topic Question for Rob Lee

Rob I notice the Mandoline or at least the blade is made especially for Lee Valley. Is it different from the product Bron Coucke sells elsewhere? I notice they don't appear to put a lot of money into the plastic guard. I've never spent more than $5 for a slicing device so I'm not sure how much bang I'm getting for the buck.<g>
-- Bill Forsberg