Off Topic: Pine Needle Art

I suppose that this is woodworking related, sort of. At least pine needles come from a tree.

This guy makes BEARS from pine needles. He also carves antlers. Real interesting stuff.

Lee Michaels

There's a group of ladies around here that make baskets and such from longleaf needles(their longer) but nothing like that.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Why do such talented, artistic people so often have web sites I can't look at without feeling I'm about to have a seizure?

Good grief, that's UGLY!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

"Dave Balderstone" wrote

Why do such talented, artistic people so often have web sites I can't look at without feeling I'm about to have a seizure?

Good grief, that's UGLY!

Reply to
Kate

That is so funny, that wa sthe only comment I was going to make. I palnned to say...

I really like the 1990 website, very web 0.9

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 21:59:10 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

Because they either create them themselves or some idiot in the family volunteers to do if for them and they don't have enough sense to say "NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!" I've never heard this one before, though:

"This site is image intensive. To best view it as designed, you should have a highspeed Internet connection, a Firefox browser and a 17 inch monitor. You should also have the font "Calligrapher" installed."

Good grief! What color should the computer or wall paint be?

Indeed.

-- An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till the reader has nothing else in the world to do. -- W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge, 1943

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Paisley, methinks.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:41:53 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

And I wonder how many people I'll have to stand in line behind before I can get my $60,000 pine needle bear.

-- The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook

Reply to
Larry Jaques

But it'll be one of a kind!

Reply to
LDosser

Here, you can take my place in line, I'll step out an let you ahead of me.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

HEY! No CUTS!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Fine, you can step ahead of me as well. Happy?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita