Off Topic: Organization Software?

Page 2 of 2
Go to www.fogbugz.com and read about their software bug tracking tool. It allows you to organize tasks by project and priority and tasks stay open until you close them. They've focused on keeping it simple.
It's hosted online so you can get at it from anywhere with a network connection. And for only two people, it's free!
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/StudentAndStartup.html
We've been using it for a couple of years in our software development, and we've started using it to keep track of non-software tasks as well.
-Brian

Practically *anything* will work, with only a little effort.
a text editor a word processor (probable overkill, but 'outlining' could be useful a spreadsheet program.
one file per project, one line per line-item, delete a line when done, add a new line as needed.
better yet, in a spreadsheet, simply 'hide' the completed lines and append new ones. Then you've got a full 'history' when the project is done.
keep 'active' projects in one directory, 'completed' ones in another, and 'dreams/ideas' (not yet started) in a third one.
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:36:01 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"

How about a copy of GoldMine Software? It was considered the top of the line contact management when I bought it. Lets you keep all sorts of relational data about each item and play with it in interesting ways. I never really used it like I thought I would, so it's for sale. http://www.frontrange.com/goldmine/comparison.aspx might help. Mine's v4, with manuals/training, etc.
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.