off topic!!!!! (mostly)

Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant to recdotwoodworking. Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)
marc rosen wrote:

nevermore.
marc rosen wrote:

Something about birds - Cardinals also won! If this trend continues, the Eagles should win. Don't think there's a bird called a Charger or Steeler though.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:42:48 -0700, Doug Winterburn

Theory proven.
Next week it is bird against bird.
Who wins, predator, or prey?
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

Well, a week ago the prey beat the predator in the prey's cage. Same situation next week, but probably not the same result.
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Bad day for the predator!

Hey Tom, Taking this even more off topic; one day many years ago when I was bow hunting I witnessed a very small hawk attack a Blue Jay. For about 15 seconds they were tumbling and screaching on the ground, creating a dust cloud around them. Finally both birds retreated to neutral corners (two trees opposite of the small clearing) with the predator looking as shook up as its intended prey. The Jay waited untill the hawk flew off before it flew away. It was funny to see that Jay defend itself so well. Marc
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:03:53 -0800 (PST), marc rosen

Them Jays is notorious for defending their territory. When I was a kid I disturbed a pair of nesting Jays and they harrased me while I ran away from them, for two blocks.
Maybe they should have been the National Bird? (rather than Franklin's suggestion of the Turkey)
Regards,

When I lived at my grandmother's house, there was a 300 year old Dutch Elm on the property. Naturally we had lots of birds present such as robins, cardinals and a variety of other common types. A pair of blue jays moved in I thought it was pretty neat because the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team had just formed. A week later all the other birds were gone. Changed my mind pretty quick about Jays (the bird) and started taking pot shots at them with the pellet rifle.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:48:06 +0000, marc rosen wrote (in article

OMG
The colonials are talking in secret code again. Tell King George to send more dragoons - and a library book on fowlery. !! !!