off topic: Magical wood transformation

This is pasted from theBaltimore Craig's List free section.
"Large fallen white oak from last week's posting still has the base of the tree available. It is about 12 feet long with a diameter of 4 to 5 feet. About a quarter of it running the length is rotten, but you can get about 3/4 of a cord of good dense white pine out of it."
I don't know if it is oak or pine , but I doubt it is both. Marc
On 10/09/2010 06:41 AM, marc rosen wrote:

It's Two! Two! Two trees in one!
--
What percentage of the driving populace do you suppose actually
understands the rules of engagement at a four-way stop?

Hybrid! Everything is either hybrid, 3D or professional these days.... oh, and organic.
On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 05:52:47 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

What's wrong with that? It's being done For The Chilllllldren!
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
On 10/9/2010 7:52 AM, Robatoy wrote:

and outsourced ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Might'a been an oak and pine graph.

Ah! You wrote that article, didn't you, Leon? Know how I can tell? 'Cuz it's spelled "graft".
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Unless, of course, it was written in sketchup.

Ah did rit it.
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 04:41:26 -0700, marc rosen wrote:

I think whoever posted it on Craigslist was an ash.....

that's a poplar misconception... but OaK by me. Maple something good will come of it and Craiglist will do something to spruce it up. I'm pining for that moment.