Off Topic: Here is a man whose life was more meaningful than Michael Jackson's

Page 1 of 2
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iG0PDwV8YuhkhSq4yGamnFQlrlAgD99A0ULO0
(Pasted for your dining pleasure)
Retired chairman of Oscar Mayer Foods dead at 95 10 hours ago
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Oscar G. Mayer, retired chairman of the Wisconsin- based meat processing company that bears his name, has died at the age of 95.
Mayer's wife, Geraldine, said he died of old age Monday age at Hospice Care in Fitchburg.
He was the third Oscar Mayer in the family that founded Oscar Mayer Foods, which was once the largest private employer in Madison. His grandfather, Oscar F. Mayer, died in 1955 and his father, Oscar G. Mayer Sr., died in 1965.
Mayer retired as chairman of the board in 1977 at age 62 soon after the company recorded its first $1 billion year. The company was later sold to General Foods and is now a business unit of Kraft.
Mayer's first wife, Rosalie, died in 1998. He married Geraldine Fitzpatrick in 1999.
Add pictures here
βœ–

More meaningful in what way? Providing the world with unidentifiable meat products even more popular than Spam?
Hey, they could resurrect him by recycling him into a pkg of "meat" bologna.
nb
Add pictures here
βœ–
notbob wrote:

Hmmm. Maybe baloney isn't so bad after all. Think I'll go eat a corn dog.
Add pictures here
βœ–

We can expect quite a price when the Barrett - Jackson people auction off the Wienermobile!!
Add pictures here
βœ–
here is someone else whose life had more meaning than mj:
http://www.leconcombre.com/concpost/us/postcard4/alfred_e_neuman.jpg
Regards,
βœ–
Tom Watson wrote:

I'd find it hard to come up with someone whose life had LESS meaning that Jacksons. He was a pointless excuse for a human being. I'm glad he's dead. Took too damn long to happen.
Add pictures here
βœ–

What, Me Worry? Marc (who is turning this on topic because he finally bought "hisself" and Oneida system today. Unit gets shipped next week and I will be so thrilled to hook it up. )
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tom Watson wrote:

My childhood hero! Boy, it sure has been a long time since I've read a Mad magazine... I read them religiously for years! -- See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad! To reply, eat the taco. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee /
Add pictures here
βœ–

That explains a few things..<EG> (No offense intended, btw.)
I'm a huge fan of Don Martin's characters. The FRRRAPP, FWWERRRP types. Those were great! Who can forget this:
http://www.donmartinshrine.com/gallery/g3_robin.jpg
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

DAWK! Don Martin was the greatest - Fonebone! I also loved the little cartoons in the margins drawn by Sergio Aragones. Ah, the memories!
βœ–

Who can ever get past this one:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/g4_duck.jpg
Add pictures here
βœ–
marc rosen wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iG0PDwV8YuhkhSq4yGamnFQlrlAgD99A0ULO0
Wonder how old Geraldine might be?
Wonder if/how long he was bonking Geraldine before Rosy cashed in.
Wonder how happy the rest of the family was when the old coot re-married at 85?
Wonder if he had some tight pre-nups?
Wonder if they'll hold up in court?
Wonder why I picture Geraldine as a 30-40 year old bombshell of a "secretary"
Wonder why I even wonder all this crap?
--
Jack
βœ–

Because hotdogs are wonderful food?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Angela runs a Heart & Stroke Prevention Unit at the local hospitals. Until I met her, I loved hot-dogs. I even knew then that they were made from pig lips, ears, nose and foreskins. That didn't bother me...but the frickin' salt!!!! and the FAT!!! Still, when in Toronto..those street vendors ... that aroma... that mild sauerkraut..*drools*
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Those are good, although I usually get the sausage, but the sauerkraut is a must.
Of course now, there are just piles of Miller all over the place.
--
Froz...

Add pictures here
βœ–

I hope the wind doesn't turn....
Add pictures here
βœ–
"FrozenNorth" wrote:

In Cleveland, the street vendors ply their wares by selling "Polish Boys".
Big bun cradling a piece of Kielbasa and smothered in sauerkraut with mustard.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–
[snipped for effect]

Oh.. wait!! This is NOT the Palin thread...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Here we get caribou and bison smokies, yum. And relatively more healthy. The sauerkraut is good for you and anyway I am not convinced about the salt is bad for you business: there is a genuine scientific controversy there, unlike climate change or evolution. See http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/hypertension/a/saltwars.htm
Luigi
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Luigi Zanasi" wrote:

I don't know about the caribou but will definitely pass on the bison.
Don't know which is more dry and tasteless, bison or turkey.

controversy there, unlike climate change or evolution.
I'm with you, for years avoided salt like the plague, then started watching Emeril and the dishes he was preparing reminded me of my youth.
No way you could prepare those dishes without salt and fresh cracked black pepper, and as the man says, "Pork fat rules".
BTW, blood pressure is in the 120/70 area most days.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–