Off Topic: Darwin Award

Page 3 of 3
On 3/3/10 10:30 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

<http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=2&mscssid=WUVAX8K46M459H3EK4M41E26DQQPF2V0&pf_id 212>
So they use a step-up. Makes sense. We've all done those science class experiments with those weird globe things that sends 10k volts through your body and makes your hair stand up.
I have a current detector that bugs the crap out of me because it beeps just from rubbing against me or anything plastic. The customer support guy said it's registering the voltage in the static electricity generated from the friction which can be upwards over 600 volts.
Same buddy from AEP told me they've had guys killed from lines they knew to be dead, but someone was running a generator in a residence, without turning off their main breaker. The step-down transformers on the poles built the current up back through the line and "bam!"
--

-MIKE-

And crossing streams? Eh, what about That?
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:36:39 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"

It would be, up until the point the 17kv went through it. Nobody I know pees in morse code, y'know.
-- An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till the reader has nothing else in the world to do. -- W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge, 1943
Lee Michaels wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gbpeNSDizW1J3cJDz2LHNKWxOveQD9E62II80
Umm, this one never did.
Kind of from that school of thought that learned wisdom from others, not one of those who had to pee on the electric fence himself.

Rob Leatham

No, some of us farmboys learn from others mistakes!!!!(Then there are those who just HAVE to piss on the fence themselves)
Uncle's favorite trick was when walking along shoulder of road in fresh dewy grass, me barefoot & him in rubber boots, he'd grab my hand and then grab the fence with the other hand. Pulsating type fencer, pops out a spark-plug sized jolt every 3 to 4 sec, and the poor soul on the END of the loop gets nailed worse than if I had grabbed the fence myself. Norm
"Nahmie" wrote:
No, some of us farmboys learn from others mistakes!!!!(Then there are those who just HAVE to piss on the fence themselves) ---------------------------------------
What's the difference between an Oriental and an Occidental?
An Occidental learns from his mistakes, an Oriental learns from the mistakes of others, it's cheaper.
Lew

There you go, off the PC rails again...

Yahbut -- he did it by Occident! <grin>

That's a pisser...

A short in the shorts ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

"Pimentel says there will be an autopsy but burn marks indicated the way the electricity traveled through Messenger's body."

If I was with him I would of told him that "Urine a lot of trouble!!" ---Sorry.
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:00:19 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

OK, here's the REAL opportunity fer fun:
"What was the last thing to go through his mind"?
Besides "Oh FUCK!"
-Zz
Several thousand volts?
--
Alan

"Zz Yzx" <zzyzx_ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:17:41 -0000, "Alan Squires"
Yeah, that.
Q: What's the last thing to go through a bug's mind when it hits your windshield?
A: It's asshole.
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:00:19 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"

The burnt weenie was a dead giveaway as to COD, wot?
--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

New on the to-do list: check ground bonding of house plumbing...
"Lee Michaels" wrote

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gbpeNSDizW1J3cJDz2LHNKWxOveQD9E62II80
Well, the verdict is in. The autopsy was done. He did not die of pissing on a downed power line. He GRABBED it with his left hand.
He still qualifies for a Darwin Award though.
First he crashes into a power pole. He calls for help. Then he grabs a downed power line. Somehow or another, that made sense to him.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011254559_apwaurineelectrocution.html

Begs the question, what did he have in his Right hand?

Most Certainly!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011254559_apwaurineelectrocution.html