Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

I have the 12v Milwaukie Impact driver, and I love it. Especially the fact that it has an adjustable clutch on it that many including my Makita don't have.

I kinda thought that way but when it comes to furniture and the smaller #7 pocket hole screws and regular square drive #8 going into hard wood you can very easily split the wood if you put a little too much on it. I still prefer the drill driver for applications where too much torque might screw things up. For rough application where appearance at the screw location is not a factor the impact sees a lot of action.

Reply to
TimDrouillard

Yeah, the impactors are designed for construction applications, but once you use one for awhile, you get to know their trigger/torque factors and can control them fairly well.

For predrilled holes, I'd still use a drilldriver on furniture.

-- Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

According to the Makita site, their 12V Li-ion impact driver delivers

800in-lbs (same as the 12V Bosch). The 18V Bosch is 1500in-lbs. >
Reply to
krw

I'm pretty familiar, 6 years so far..., not saying that it is impossible but when I am in a production mode I would rather pull the trigger until the clutch clatters and move on to the next. I certainly have used the impact for quicky situations and certainly when setting up and attaching kitchen cabnets to the walls.

LOL and I try to use the higher speed of the impact for drilling, think the Snappy system.

Reply to
Leon

Humm good to know, I knew Panasonic had that feature.

Reply to
Leon

No doube however I think the biggest advantage is going to be run time as I think for most applications the extra torque may tear dattachments up faster. I have not yet run across a fastener that my 12volt impact will not drive with a fully charged battery. Now if my 18 volt Bosch and a 3/8" dirve instead of the 1/4" drive..... I

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, I've used the impactor exclusively for hanging cabinets. MUCH better tool, much quicker job. 1/4" hex heads are king there, with a

1/4" hex to 1/4" square adaptor and magnetic bit.

I have and use both. I'm not entirely happy with the impactor batting the drillbits around, but it gets it done in a quick manner.

-- That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way. -- Doris Lessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think my Makita is 1430 in/lb, enough to take the wheels off my truck. Strong enough for me. I actually twisted a 1/4-1/2" adaptor in two with the Bosch 14.4v Impactor, and a 1/4-1/4" adaptor with the Makita, installing 1/2x6" lag bolts for a deck ledger board. Try that with a drilldriver sometime.

HF, of course. I finally bought a US-made 1/4-1/4 adaptor and it has held up better...so far. And now I just run the lags up with an impactor, then tighten with the 1/2" ratchet.