Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

Page 4 of 4
Steve wrote:

Well, take a Shelfield marking gauge for instance. One us about $30 at Woodcraft and IIRC the same one is $43 at Rockler. Of course, each store has stock the other lacks.

It's been a while since I was in WoodCraft, but I do remember thinking that they should have been ashamed of the prices that they DID display.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:44:50 -0800 (PST), marc rosen

The truth is probably that they were spending far too much time cleaning poo off the floor in front of the green tool pricetags. I know I just about shit every time I read one of their prices.
-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London
On 2/25/2011 7:44 PM, marc rosen wrote:

Lame salesman BS? ... here's one of the most active Festool dealers in the country:
http://bobmarinosbesttools.com /
That said, the dealers are apparently not allowed to disclose the new prices in advance, which makes absolutely perfect sense.
Sounds like some dumb shit overreacted. The world is becoming full of 'em.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
marc rosen wrote:

I don't buy coffee at a place that does not display prices.
Places that do not show prices are always dearer.
In article

In some states the store is violating the law, since they have to display the price or put the item price on every box. I don't know about Maryland, but you may be able to get some money, since turning in a store that does not follow the pricing policy has a bounty in some states.

snip
For what it is worth, Festool has all their tool prices posted on their web site. My local Woodcraft has their prices posted also.

Also McFeely's: http://www.mcfeelys.com/info/festool-alert3.htm