Observation on Elmer's Yellow Glue...

Finally used up the end of the Titebond jug and since don't use enough any more to justify the gallon of Ol' Yeller via 'net, bought a container of Elmer's off the shelf...
Observation after previous--it's way much thinner so is pita for running/dripping. Works just fine for results, just an observation that I think I'll go back to Titebond even at higher cost--it just isn't that much actual money.
OBTW, the container had a pull/push closing mechanism. Even new took all effort have to pull it open and after a use it glued itself shut to take pliers to pull...
Fortunately, the threads match on the opening w/ an old spout from a Titebond container w/ the little flat prong to go in the slot so swapped it out...
Just for any who are thinking/needing...
On 11/6/2012 5:24 PM, dpb wrote:

LOL.... I prefer TiteBond buy am buying the extended open time variety by the gallon. It is thin but also dries clear and does not take much longer to cure.
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:22:49 PM UTC-8, dpb wrote:

Mike,
I solved the problem of using a pair of pliers by making myself a wooden wrench. I just cut a slot the width of the bottle of the cap, so that it will slide in under the cap and then with a lift up I can pull the cap up. I just store the wrench near the blue, so I don't have to hunt for my pliers anymore.
Al Holstein
On Monday, November 12, 2012 1:24:08 PM UTC-8, Al Holstein wrote:

On 11/12/2012 3:24 PM, Al Holstein wrote:

Being farmer, I have a pair of pliers growing out of my pocket at all times... :)