Observation

I have observed, that if you were to gather ten people from rec.woodworking, to have them pull something for you, the following would occur, as soon as you shout, "Pull":
Four would pull. Four would push. And, two would say, "Pardon?".
JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for. - Sir John Lubbock
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:44:41 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

LMAO. goodun JOAT. and if you asked 11 of em the eleventh one would correct your punctuation!
skeeez
skeezics wrote:

That's "good ONE".
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
(J T)

...and the twelfth would ask about splitting the group into rec.woodworking.pull and rec.woodworking.push .....
How many of your toes did you use to make this observation?

J T wrote:

and what would the other two do?     j4
I dunno, me thinks it would be 4 pull 4 push 1 would tell you to DAGS and the last would yell "Troll Alert"                 Mark L.
J T wrote:

J T wrote:

I observed you didn't put "OT" in the subject line.
dave

It's called teamwork. We're talking about heavy woodworking machines right? Not enough room for eight of them to pull at the same time. So four pull, four push, the first pardon person goes and gets the beer and the second pardon person goes and gets the food. Sounds just about right to me.

And twenty seven would walk through the door and begin criticizing things unrelated to what you are doing.
Frank
On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:49:25 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"

one would get out a dial indicator to make sure it was moved the right amount...
"J T" wrote in message

... and you would have 11 opinions on unrelated political issues.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

Yes! There are pictures of it over at alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.smarta**es.
Rudy Lang wrote:

Ask JOAT. If anybody's got them, it'd be him.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com

You forgot about the one who *completely* mis-understood the request -- and when you shouted "pull", immediately tossed two clay pigeons into the air.

Absolutely! 8^)
Barry