OAV Jointers?

This may be academic as they don't answer their phone, but I have seen an ad for a used OAV jointer. Never heard of them; is it a reputable company? (SSJ-60)

Reply to
Toller

I have an OAV bandsaw. I don't think much of it. I am always adjusting it and can never get it to cut straight unless the board is thin. They are a Chineese outfit, still in business. They have a web site at:

have no idea who reps them in the US of if you can get any parts at all. If I ever need parts for my band saw, I will retire it for sure.

Leslie

She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

If it is the same OAV, which I suspect it is, I had one. I bought it in the late 80's from my local equipment dealer - it was the best quality, affordable jointer I could find at the time. Mine was a 6" jointer ad it was basically a Taiwanese knock off of an older Rockwell design, IIRC. Actually, I just donated it to someone else here on the wRECk a couple years ago so I had many years of faithful service from it. The only complaint I had was that the outfeed table sagged in an unusual way necessitating shimming with bit of aluminum from a beer can. I year or so before I gave it away I refurbished it completely but I got tired of having to reset and adjust the shims so I finally found it a new home. I haven't seen anything new from the company in a while so I imagine that they merged with another company, were bought out, or went belly up in the mid 90's. I think a lot of the Taiwanese stuff is probably made in the same place anyway so they are probably just manufacturing under a different brand.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan