Oar finish question

All, Perhaps better asked in a boating group but I watch this group more. .... I have a set of oars we keep with a small boat on small family pond in Kentucky. They had pretty well deteriorated last trip so I brought them home to reglue and refinish. I used gloss poly last time and it lasted about seven years. They usually get stored under the boat but you know the way kids are and such so they often end up getting exposed. I rinsed them in a mild bleach that killed all the mold, Gorilla glued them back together, then sanded. I'm thinking some sort of marine epoxy finish. Any thoughts on what would be the most durable?
Allen
Hi Allen,
Spar Varnish should work quite well. I usually put on 3-4 coats and wipe down with #0000 steel wool between each coat.
Allen Epps wrote:

My oars have 7 coats of International Flagship varnish with two coats added every spring. They look like new and are over 20 years old. NOTHING, that is, no clear finish will last more than a year without care! Dave

A little warm oil is always good, rub with a firm hand, otherwise they tend to giggle a lot.
JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. - Phil Pastoret

Thanks all who posted. Looks like spar varnish (of which I happen to have fresh can) and a little more attention more often.
Allen