Oak Veneer

I just got a 30" round oak veneer table and the veneer is buckled/split in a few spots and I want to redo the top. Would it be better to remove all the old veneer before putting new on, or just go over the old veneer after fixing the damaged spots. Thanks Mike
Mike S wrote:

Is it just small damage? If so, I've had good success just repairing it.
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:21:33 GMT, "Mike S"

You could do either, depending on the state of it. Repairing spots by inlaying new veneer patches is a standard technique. A good antiques restoration book should cover it - Bennett's is the best I know <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>