oak saw dust

Page 2 of 2
Gee, we put wood chip down just to STOP things from growing. My wife, the gartener, said that woodchip depletes the soil of nitrogen as it decomposes and retards seeds from germinating.
Rusty Richards wrote:

what
here

Have the gardener think of how she tries to limit foliage growth from excessive nitrogen in some plants. Those are the ones to mulch with wood waste. Save the nasty acid stuff like oak for the compost heap, or to keep foliage down under your electric fences.