Oak finishing:

Hello Group. I am refinishing the outside doors of an church they are made of oak The doors face south and are exposed to sun and inclement weather. What would be the best sealer and finish to use? Help would be appreciated greatly.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

Probably a Spar Varnish applied every year or two as needed. The sun light is the problem here. If you could shade the door from sun light the finish would last longer.

Reply to
Leon

You might want to think in terms of deck finishes. The problems with UV are the same if the wood is different (though not always). Take a look at Cabot and Sikkens products which have very good websites. I have been using a product called Superdeck on my redwood deck with some success. It is an oil based (tung?) product with pigments (e.g. Cedar) to keep the dreaded grays away. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

How about WATERLOX Marine Finish?

[snip]