oak cabs

Been toying with the idea of painting oak cabs. Has anyone ever done this? Is it possible to skim coat them before painting with any product to smooth out finish? I know its not good to paint oak but im tired of looking at them. Thanks for any help or replies.
Fri, Mar 4, 2005, 7:59am snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Don) claims: Been toying with the idea of painting oak cabs. Has anyone ever done this? Is it possible to skim coat them before painting with any product to smooth out finish? I know its not good to paint oak but im tired of looking at them. Thanks for any help or replies.
Reface 'em.