O/T: You Gotta Be Kidding

Page 2 of 2
From Huffington Post:
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's apologized on Wednesday for declaring April as "Confederate History Month," but failing to mention slavery anywhere in his proclamation.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

He didn't forget. The Recent Unplesantness (some call it the "Second War of Independence") had nothing to do with slavery directly, Northern propaganda to the contrary.

It had plenty to do with it indirectly, though. I had relatives on both sides in that fight, though I've had more contact with the Confederate side of the family.
My guess is McDonnell forgot because his family were sharecroppers or smallholders in Appalachia back then and knew as little about slavery as he does today.
He and Cuccinelli are a pair, for sure.