O/T; World's Largest Solar

Page 2 of 2
Yep it is going to be here in Calif. too bad. It is estimated that so called Green Energy is going to more than double our current costs. Joe in Ca.

That's impossible. Grayout Davis already quintupled it before he left orifice.
-- Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right, but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks. -- Jimmy Wales

You really know not whereof you speak.
On 27 Oct 2010 21:51:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

OK, so I exaggerated by 3% or so. So sue me. I was kidding about that asshole who was the governor when I left the state, not the cost of the greenies. Your AB 32 demands 1/3 of your electricity to be renewable, so your costs are of your own making. Pfffft!
So you think Gray Davis did NOT force things and cause you Californicators to pay way more than you were paying by signing long contracts at exhorbitant prices? You really should pay more attention, Scott.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_gubernatorial_recall_election,_2003
-- Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right, but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks. -- Jimmy Wales

------------------------------------ Is that the coal or the oil industry doing the calculating?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

You're overlooking all the "green" jobs that will be created by current government incentives.
For example, due to government mandates, the last GE incandescent light-bulb plant in the U.S. is scheduled to be closed, but the loss of jobs will be more than offset by an increased number of "green" job workers in China as they produce all our needed CFLs.

Every corporation has a CEO and every CEO at a minimum needs to maintain his level of compensation. So, if your selling less product you need to increase the unit price in order to maintain. Executive Compensation 101, straight out of the insurance industry handbook.
Dave in Houston
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:23:45 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I'm curious, what does a kwh cost in CA? Here (AL) it is around 12 cents tax and all, Alabama Power is 60% coal, 20% nuke 13% gas and oil, and the rest is hydro.
basilisk
It's very compicated. They have a chart with hundreds of rates on it depending on quantity used, area you live in, time of day, day of the week, amd season.
Basically, I remember a few years ago, it was 31 cents on peak and 3 cents off peak / per kWh. Maybe more now.
I'm curious, what does a kwh cost in CA? Here (AL) it is around 12 cents tax and all, Alabama Power is 60% coal, 20% nuke 13% gas and oil, and the rest is hydro.
basilisk
"basilisk" wrote:

----------------------------------- As a small residential customer, my last invoice from SCE was $20.38 for 215 KWH or about 9.5 cents/KWH.
This was a summer invoice, winter rates are lower.
Lew
No TOU billing where you are?
Are PG&E?
"basilisk" wrote: