O/T: With All The Other...........

Page 2 of 5

Oh...And by the way he also knew he had a prenuptial agreement.
Just lost control of his zipper!
RonB

He's changing his name from Tiger to Cheatah.
RonB wrote:

There, but for lack of opportunity, go most of us ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Like the standard answer to the classic question, why did he do that?
Answer, because he can.
It is biology. It is in our genes. Albeit, it was really stupid from a public relations and financial perspective. But understandable and predictable.

Hoggamus higgamus Men are polygamous Higgamus hoggamus Women monogamous
    William James
Little head does all the thinkin' Even more when big head's drinkin' Would you get in that one's pants Only if you had the chance
    Tom Watson
Regards,

Very nice, I'm going to start the Pulitzer buzz for 2010.
I came across this two nights ago in my bedtime reading:
"...many men are goats and can't help committing adultery when they get a chance; whereas there are numbers of men who, by temperament, can keep their purity and let an opportunity go by if the woman lacks in attractiveness."
Mark Twain, in "Letters from the Earth"
Says it all, doncha think?
Scott
On 11 Dec 2009 16:26:49 GMT, the infamous Elrond Hubbard

Then there are people like one of my old bosses, whose motto was
"If it moves, fondle it. I'll take 'em all. 9 to 90, and blind, crippled, or drunk."
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
Tom Watson wrote:

Where's C-less? ... we're missing a confirmed bachelor's perspective here?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

They all look good at closing time.
Dave in Houston
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:41:38 -0600, the infamous Swingman

You betcha! 'Cept for the VAST danger that mating with stray women in this day and age presents. Ambidexterity has its advantages. ;)
The advantage Tiger has over us is that with his gazillions, he doesn't need any sponsorship funding to live work-free the rest of his life. Well, IF the prenup is valid, though few are upheld in court.
On, and speaking of getting screwed, did I tell you guys about the 64GB thumb drive I ordered from China? It came in today and it's a Sony. Beautiful little thing. It's marked 64GB and shows that to the operating system, but it only holds about 4 gigs. I'd shoot the little commie bastid who sold it to me but he's all the way around the world. Now to see if eBay or Paypal will refund my fees...
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
Larry Jaques wrote:

Will it format?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

From a DOS window in XP, no. It says that FAT32 doesn't support that size. I wonder if I could tell it to try NTFS. It's been a long time since I did DOS level work.
Suggestions from the peanut gallery are cheerfully accepted.
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
Larry Jaques wrote:

NTFS is definitely the way to go ...don't worry about doing it at DOS level as you don't want to use fdisk anyway, let Windows have a shot, nothing to lose since you're returning it in any event.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On 12/12/2009 9:57 AM, Swingman wrote:

Of interest:
http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:57:15 -0600, the infamous Swingman

I had just tried that, to no avail, when I read your post.
C:\format F:/FS:NTFS gives me "NTFS file system is not supported on this device optimized for removal."
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
On 12/12/2009 2:14 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

This command line utility, 'fat32format', will solve your problem nicely:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk /
On 12/12/09 10:36 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

and see what happens.
--
Froz...

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:05:01 -0500, the infamous FrozenNorth

Nothing. It just closes the window instead of formatting.
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
Larry Jaques wrote:

Did you disable the quick remove? Go to Device Manager and set the device policy from "quick removal" to "optimize for performance", Then give it a shot. If that works, go back and reset that to quick removal or you will be rebooting everytime you want to remove the drive,
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

http://reviews.ebay.ie/BEWARE-of-FAKE-16GB-32GB-64GB-USB - Flash-Drives-on-eBay_W0QQugidZ10000000001236067