O/T: Whole Body Donation

Lee Michaels post, "Casket Furniture" brings up something that I have started to research, namely "Whole Body Donation".
What started all this was the death of a guy back where I grew up, who over the years had given back much to his community and as a final gift, donated his body to The Ohio State University medical program when he died.
My research has just started, but it sure seems to have a lot of positive things going for it.
For those of you who might be interested Google ("Whole Body Donation", your state), and see what is available in your area.
Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or so I've been told, but there are programs all over.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote: ...

... There were arrangements for cadavers for medical purposes a hundred years or more before there _was_ a California... :)
dpb wrote:

Shhhhhhh! ... you wouldn't want to hurt their little warm fuzzy PC feelings, now!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Besides, in Kalifornia, you can't donate your body unless you have a prominrntly displayed sticker on it that it may cause cancer! (Or a tastefully done tattoo with a similar message.)

Or "may contain nuts"
Please - partially used nuts!
Stuart wrote:

"dpb" wrote:

And..........................
Lew

I ain't done with it yet.
B.
"Buddy Matlosz" wrote :

Neither am I, but working at it<G>.
What's the old gag about arriving at death's door, broke and with a body that is worn out?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

My dream is to be shot in the back by a jealous husband at the age of 119, and, being of sound mind and body, I spent every damn cent I had. May not happen quite that way though...

Please Don't Bury Me John Prine
Woke up this morning Put on my slippers Walked in the kitchen and died And oh what a feeling! When my soul Went thru the ceiling And on up into heaven I did ride When I got there they did say John, it happened this way You slipped upon the floor And hit your head And all the angels say Just before you passed away These were the very last words That you said:
Chorus: Please don't bury me Down in that cold cold ground No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up And pass me all around Throw my brain in a hurricane And the blind can have my eyes And the deaf can take both of my ears If they don't mind the size Give my stomach to Milwaukee If they run out of beer Put my socks in a cedar box Just get "em" out of here Venus de Milo can have my arms Look out! I've got your nose Sell my heart to the junkman And give my love to Rose
Repeat Chorus
Give my feet to the footloose Careless, fancy free Give my knees to the needy Don't pull that stuff on me Hand me down my walking cane It's a sin to tell a lie Send my mouth way down south And kiss my ass goodbye
Repeat Chorus
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:26:45 GMT, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

I have "Donor" on my Oregon driver's license, but I've decided to
donate my body to science fiction instead.
--
The only reason I would take up exercising is
so that I could hear heavy breathing again.