O/T: Whole Body Donation

Lee Michaels post, "Casket Furniture" brings up something that I have started to research, namely "Whole Body Donation".

What started all this was the death of a guy back where I grew up, who over the years had given back much to his community and as a final gift, donated his body to The Ohio State University medical program when he died.

My research has just started, but it sure seems to have a lot of positive things going for it.

For those of you who might be interested Google ("Whole Body Donation", your state), and see what is available in your area.

Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or so I've been told, but there are programs all over.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Lew Hodgett wrote: ...

... There were arrangements for cadavers for medical purposes a hundred years or more before there _was_ a California... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Shhhhhhh! ... you wouldn't want to hurt their little warm fuzzy PC feelings, now!

Reply to
Swingman

And..........................

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Besides, in Kalifornia, you can't donate your body unless you have a prominrntly displayed sticker on it that it may cause cancer! (Or a tastefully done tattoo with a similar message.)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I ain't done with it yet.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Neither am I, but working at it.

What's the old gag about arriving at death's door, broke and with a body that is worn out?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

My dream is to be shot in the back by a jealous husband at the age of

119, and, being of sound mind and body, I spent every damn cent I had. May not happen quite that way though...
Reply to
jo4hn

Please D Chorus: Please don't bury me Down in that cold cold ground No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up And pass me all around Throw my brain in a hurricane And the blind can have my eyes And the deaf can take both of my ears If they don't mind the size Give my stomach to Milwaukee If they run out of beer Put my socks in a cedar box Just get "em" out of here Venus de Milo can have my arms Look out! I've got your nose Sell my heart to the junkman And give my love to Rose

Repeat Chorus

Give my feet to the footloose Careless, fancy free Give my knees to the needy Don't pull that stuff on me Hand me down my walking cane It's a sin to tell a lie Send my mouth way down south And kiss my ass goodbye

Repeat Chorus

Reply to
rjd

Or "may contain nuts"

Reply to
Stuart

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:26:45 GMT, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

I have "Donor" on my Oregon driver's license, but I've decided to

donate my body to science fiction instead.

Reply to
Larry Jaques