O/T: Whew It's Toasty

I heard it (from the only man ever to score a kill on an F-15 while flying an A-10) as:

Here's to America The Land of the Push Where a bird in the hand Beats two in the bush Unless in the bush A woman should stand Then a push in the bush Beats two in the hand

Reply to
J. Clarke

Into self deception are you? Figures. You're just too damned lazy to try and sell it your self.

Yup, and as usual, you're full of it.

Reply to
Upscale

HEY! NONE OF THAT! Me and my big gut look good naked.

(my cat thinks so anyway)

Reply to
Upscale

Hey, _you're_ the one who brought up Michelle recently. WTF?

(Of the two, I'd much rather munch Laura. Of the 4, Jenna.)

On yet another tangent, see these Pass/Fail/Win photos. There's some truly -great- stuff here.

-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

Reply to
Larry Jaques

----------------- My money says there are at least a half a dozen versions floating around.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I did?

Reply to
Robatoy

---------------------------------------

Add one week and see what happens:

Hit 67F outside my window today.

It's 59F at 05:30PM. PDST as this typed.

Had drizzle through out the day and snow above 6,500 ft elevation.

Oh well, still beats snow and 0F.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

i was in mexico this last weekend. 95F+ with 75%+ humidity. today, back in phx we got golf ball sized hail and 1" of rain in about 30 minutes, which promptly caused 3' of water in our wash about 2 minutes into the storm.

Reply to
chaniarts

Who'da' thunk it.

I used to joke about having "left San Diego because of the weather."

;-)

Reply to
Neil Brooks

---------------------------

One of Murphy's Laws:

Mother Nature is a BITCH.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hah! I was in phx in time for the '72 flood. There was a foot of water on the north side of Indian School Road and over 3' on the south. Knowing that I lettered in swimming, my apartment manager hired me to help him take the soggy carpets and furniture out of the lower level of the apartment buildings. I was roommating (UTI and DeVry students), so it was 6 months of free rent for a day of labor. I believe that was from a few hour storm, too.

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

the week of storms in 79 was worse. it washed out 8 of the 10 bridges over the river. there was a 4-5 hour backlog getting over the small bridges that were left, so people were staying on the side where they worked for the week, then trying to get home on friday night. i was a while before the water in the river dried enough to allow the riverbottom crossings to be used (actually, they had to be rebuilt as the paving on the pavement was simply gone).

Reply to
chaniarts

I bailed from there after I graduated UTI, came back for a girlfriend who then left me, and bailed again after a single summer back, installing air conditioners on 270F engines on new pickups. One day it was 118 outside and a breezy 108 inside, with 4 swamp coolers going. I don't recall why I left (g) but '72-3 was enough for me.

Oh, I almost forgot something else I remember from Phx. I got my one and only (so far) medical operation there. My appendix was juuust about to pop when they finally got me sobered up enough to remove it. I was drinking to kill the pain all day. Ahhh, memories!

P.S: I did love the Aridzona desert sunrises, though. Gawjus!