O/T: Whew It's Toasty

Page 3 of 3

Puhleeeeeeeese, I'm EATING!!!!

HEY! NONE OF THAT! Me and my big gut look good naked.
(my cat thinks so anyway)

It's winter clothing. It's garbage for the exact same reason that you wouldn't need it anymore. Isn't stuff that's not needed anymore considered garbage? It's not like there's a line up at the local thrift store for winter clothing. If it was worth something, you'd sell it instead.
"Upscale" wrote:

----------------------------------
Bull shit.
If it was garbage, I'd dispose of it myself, not pass the disposal obligation along to GoodWill.
If it doesn't have residual value, it doesn't get donated.
BTW, I'm not into yard sales, I prefer tax deduction receipts from donations myself.
Not usually interested in wasting time peddling used merchandise.
Lew

Into self deception are you? Figures. You're just too damned lazy to try and sell it your self.

Yup, and as usual, you're full of it.
On 9/28/10 11:40 PM, in article p8edncN-9tepKD snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com, "Leon"

I have done quite a bit of camping , hiking and snowshoeing in sub-zero temps. But not "physical labor" as in construction.
You do have to be smart about clothing choices. The biggest challenge is that the clothing needs between active and inactive periods vary greatly. Layers is the answer but I find that I am frequently adding or removing layers to compensation for activity level. Vapor control is another aspect. Nothing reduces insulation as fast as moisture.
On 09/27/10 I wrote:

---------------------------------------
Add one week and see what happens:
Hit 67F outside my window today.
It's 59F at 05:30PM. PDST as this typed.
Had drizzle through out the day and snow above 6,500 ft elevation.
Oh well, still beats snow and 0F.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

i was in mexico this last weekend. 95F+ with 75%+ humidity. today, back in phx we got golf ball sized hail and 1" of rain in about 30 minutes, which promptly caused 3' of water in our wash about 2 minutes into the storm.

Who'da' thunk it.
I used to joke about having "left San Diego because of the weather."
;-)
"chaniarts" wrote:

---------------------------
One of Murphy's Laws:
Mother Nature is a BITCH.
Lew

Hah! I was in phx in time for the '72 flood. There was a foot of water on the north side of Indian School Road and over 3' on the south. Knowing that I lettered in swimming, my apartment manager hired me to help him take the soggy carpets and furniture out of the lower level of the apartment buildings. I was roommating (UTI and DeVry students), so it was 6 months of free rent for a day of labor. I believe that was from a few hour storm, too.
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch
Larry Jaques wrote:

the week of storms in 79 was worse. it washed out 8 of the 10 bridges over the river. there was a 4-5 hour backlog getting over the small bridges that were left, so people were staying on the side where they worked for the week, then trying to get home on friday night. i was a while before the water in the river dried enough to allow the riverbottom crossings to be used (actually, they had to be rebuilt as the paving on the pavement was simply gone).

I bailed from there after I graduated UTI, came back for a girlfriend who then left me, and bailed again after a single summer back, installing air conditioners on 270F engines on new pickups. One day it was 118 outside and a breezy 108 inside, with 4 swamp coolers going. I don't recall why I left (g) but '72-3 was enough for me.
Oh, I almost forgot something else I remember from Phx. I got my one and only (so far) medical operation there. My appendix was juuust about to pop when they finally got me sobered up enough to remove it. I was drinking to kill the pain all day. Ahhh, memories!
P.S: I did love the Aridzona desert sunrises, though. Gawjus!
-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London