O/T: Whew It's Toasty

Ah yes and the next Bears and Packers game will be Jan 2, and the folks will surround the frozen tundra dressed that way.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

For you guys that like 20 below, do you actually spend your days doing physical labor in that kind of weather? Just wondering because when I work out doors in the winter and wear much more than a wind breaker I cannot seem to be able to get any thing done, too much restriction for me.

Reply to
Leon

May as well be everything else has been blamed on him

Reply to
George W Frost

"Leon" wrote in news:p8edncN-9tepKD snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Physical labor like building houses? Not so much. Physical stuff like playing hockey and shoveling snow, definately.

One of the biggest tricks is finding decent stuff. A good coat is not easy to find, especially with the style being fleece linings. They'll tend to catch and restrict movement. Guess they're good for sitting on the deck and watching the ice freeze, but not for actually doing anything. The coats with a slick lining (nylon?) are the ones necessary for active people. They'll restrict movement a bit, but not enough to make it difficult.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

------------------------- First thing I did when I got to SoCal was to bundle up all that MidWest winter clothing and donate it to Goodwill.

A sweat shirt, swimming trunks and some FlipFops covers the beach.

After that, you play it by ear.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

What are they supposed to do with it? I thought California had the strictest laws in the nation for the disposal of garbage. :)

Reply to
Upscale

Are you saying it's Bush's fault? :P

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

--------------------------------- Clothing that doesn't sell gets turned into rags.

BTW, why do you classify clothing as garbage?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4ca2f07f$1$23314 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

They do that too? Do they also use it to apply polyurethane?

He's being facetious.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Right, and if I want to freeze, I can always drive up Mt. Ashland.

-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Upscale lives ina nudist colony. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

It's winter clothing. It's garbage for the exact same reason that you wouldn't need it anymore. Isn't stuff that's not needed anymore considered garbage? It's not like there's a line up at the local thrift store for winter clothing. If it was worth something, you'd sell it instead.

Reply to
Upscale

--------------

Those are them :-)

Reply to
Neil Brooks

I have done quite a bit of camping , hiking and snowshoeing in sub-zero temps. But not "physical labor" as in construction.

You do have to be smart about clothing choices. The biggest challenge is that the clothing needs between active and inactive periods vary greatly. Layers is the answer but I find that I am frequently adding or removing layers to compensation for activity level. Vapor control is another aspect. Nothing reduces insulation as fast as moisture.

Reply to
Robert Haar

Puhleeeeeeeese, I'm EATING!!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Laura's bush?

-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

Reply to
Larry Jaques

----------------------------------

Bull shit.

If it was garbage, I'd dispose of it myself, not pass the disposal obligation along to GoodWill.

If it doesn't have residual value, it doesn't get donated.

BTW, I'm not into yard sales, I prefer tax deduction receipts from donations myself.

Not usually interested in wasting time peddling used merchandise.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --Jack London

I often read this news group whilst taking a break....and that often means a snack....puhleeeese try to keep that in mind? *gagging*

Reply to
Robatoy

means a snack....puhleeeese try to keep that in mind? *gagging*

-------------------------------- A bird in the hand, Is worth two in the bush, Except if in yonder bush, A fair maiden should stand, Then a push in the bush, Is worth two in the hand.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett