O/T: Whew It's Toasty

Page 2 of 3

Are you saying it's Bush's fault? :P

May as well be everything else has been blamed on him
wrote in message>

The other Bush ;~)

Laura's bush?
-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

I often read this news group whilst taking a break....and that often means a snack....puhleeeese try to keep that in mind? *gagging*
"Robatoy" wrote:

means a snack....puhleeeese try to keep that in mind? *gagging* -------------------------------- A bird in the hand, Is worth two in the bush, Except if in yonder bush, A fair maiden should stand, Then a push in the bush, Is worth two in the hand.
Lew
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says...

I heard it (from the only man ever to score a <simulated at Red Flag> kill on an F-15 while flying an A-10) as:
Here's to America The Land of the Push Where a bird in the hand Beats two in the bush Unless in the bush A woman should stand Then a push in the bush Beats two in the hand
"J. Clarke" wrote:

----------------- My money says there are at least a half a dozen versions floating around.
Lew
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:27:18 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Hey, _you're_ the one who brought up Michelle recently. WTF?
(Of the two, I'd much rather munch Laura. Of the 4, Jenna.)
On yet another tangent, see these Pass/Fail/Win photos. There's some truly -great- stuff here. http://fwd4.me/gkj
-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

I did?
On 9/27/10 8:29 PM, in article 4ca136d0$0$16597$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com,

That's your opinion. I would greatly prefer -20F with clear, sunny skies to 100F and 98% humidity any day. Twenty below is when where winter camping starts to get interesting. But then, I choose to live in the frozen north of Michigan where I look south into Canada.
One of my brothers is in Arizona and I wouldn't think of visiting there except in the winter.

I'm that way too, although I've never seen -20F on the thermometer. (Was assembling an ice rink at -5F once.) It's easy to stay comfortable in colder weather, hard to stay comfortable in hot weather (extremely difficult when you throw humidity into the mix.)
Speaking of places not to go because of heat... Next time I go to Michigan in summer, I'm bringing a coat. It was beautiful outside (80- 85), but the air conditioners were all cranked down to the mid 60's!
Puckdropper

Depends on your situation. I really liked the record setting heat wave we had in Toronto this past July. Only downside was that I had to turn on the air conditioner almost every day whether I went out or not. Not doing so meant I'd be ripped to shreds as punishment by my cat.
And, I had to pay further when the two month cycle electricity bill arrived in August.

For you guys that like 20 below, do you actually spend your days doing physical labor in that kind of weather? Just wondering because when I work out doors in the winter and wear much more than a wind breaker I cannot seem to be able to get any thing done, too much restriction for me.

Physical labor like building houses? Not so much. Physical stuff like playing hockey and shoveling snow, definately.
One of the biggest tricks is finding decent stuff. A good coat is not easy to find, especially with the style being fleece linings. They'll tend to catch and restrict movement. Guess they're good for sitting on the deck and watching the ice freeze, but not for actually doing anything. The coats with a slick lining (nylon?) are the ones necessary for active people. They'll restrict movement a bit, but not enough to make it difficult.
Puckdropper

"Puckdropper" wrote:

------------------------- First thing I did when I got to SoCal was to bundle up all that MidWest winter clothing and donate it to Goodwill.
A sweat shirt, swimming trunks and some FlipFops covers the beach.
After that, you play it by ear.
Lew

What are they supposed to do with it? I thought California had the strictest laws in the nation for the disposal of garbage. :)
"Upscale" wrote:

--------------------------------- Clothing that doesn't sell gets turned into rags.
BTW, why do you classify clothing as garbage?
Lew

They do that too? Do they also use it to apply polyurethane?

He's being facetious.

Puckdropper

Upscale lives ina nudist colony. ;~)