O/T: Whew It's Toasty

And intelligence is something that you are a little short on Okay, turn the air conditioner on during the summer huddle around it use heaps of electricity contribute to the greenhouse effect, that is if there is one. Why can't people put up with what me, my brothers and sisters,my parents, grandparents and before them had to put up with? If it is hot, sit in the creek. If it is cold, then get out and chop some wood or chase your sisters or one of their friends around the house. If you are attached, tell your partner about the cute assistant at the store Bet your bottom dollar that you will not be thinking of the heat or cold for a while when you get the reply

Reply to
George W Frost

So, everything is big in Texas ??

Ha !

Try coming here for the summer where the outside temperature is around 110 for weeks on end the tarmac temperature would be somewhere around 150 degrees

Reply to
George W Frost

Hit 113F in L/A today, an all time high.

It's still 105F outside my window at 5:30PM PDST as this is being typed.

Fall arrived last week.

Oh well, it beats snow and 0F.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

78 up here. Neener.

You're thinking: just wait 'till winter.

Reply to
jo4hn

...actually, that was me...thinking..."wait till winter!!!"

Reply to
Robatoy

Yeah, but it's a smoggy heat ;-)

Neil Half my life in San Diego :-p

Reply to
Neil Brooks

Yeah, but it's a smoggy heat ;-)

Neil Half my life in San Diego :-p

I read they could see clear to Catalina. Probably some natives seeing it for the first time ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Plus 100F temps are common in NorCal, and while 113 is not common, it's not uncommon. Hit a 115F a few years back, and that in a valley jes one hop over from SFBA. Usually 5-10 degs hotter in the Central Valley. I recall one summer in Sacto back in the 70s when it was still 102F at 2am! Another yr, hit 106F in the 2nd week of Apr. Hell, in AZ it's usually 105F by 10am EVERY Aug morning. Quit yer sniveling. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I heard there were mountains, somewhere in those LA parts, too.

Have some scant recollection of them, from my youth ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brooks

No it doesn't. I can wear appropriate clothes in the winter and still spend time outside. There's a limit to how few clothes I can wear and not get arrested and it's still too #@$% hot - all I can do is huddle around the air conditioner.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Probably "Global Warming" although that same Global Warming is presenting Houston with 58 degree mornings and that is forecast through next week. Right now, 2:44 pm it is 79.

Actually you have a 'high" situated to the east of you and it is bringing in hot desert temperatures. We have that same high bringing in cool temperatures from the north and that is being reinforced by a low to the east of us.

I think Houston hit 99 a couple of times on the tarmac this summer.

Reply to
Leon

LOL they way I see in Texas, you can always remove clothing to cool off but there is a point when adding clothing that your arms and legs stick straight out from your body and cannot bend. '~)

Reply to
Leon

That's your opinion. I would greatly prefer -20F with clear, sunny skies to

100F and 98% humidity any day. Twenty below is when where winter camping starts to get interesting. But then, I choose to live in the frozen north of Michigan where I look south into Canada.

One of my brothers is in Arizona and I wouldn't think of visiting there except in the winter.

Reply to
Robert Haar

Robert Haar wrote in news:C8C7F7D9.4A60C6% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

I'm that way too, although I've never seen -20F on the thermometer. (Was assembling an ice rink at -5F once.) It's easy to stay comfortable in colder weather, hard to stay comfortable in hot weather (extremely difficult when you throw humidity into the mix.)

Speaking of places not to go because of heat... Next time I go to Michigan in summer, I'm bringing a coat. It was beautiful outside (80-

85), but the air conditioners were all cranked down to the mid 60's!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Go play in the sprinklers or jump in a pool, silly.

I much prefer to live in a climate where you won't die within hours if you get your clothes wet or forget/lose your jacket, thanks.

-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Depends on your situation. I really liked the record setting heat wave we had in Toronto this past July. Only downside was that I had to turn on the air conditioner almost every day whether I went out or not. Not doing so meant I'd be ripped to shreds as punishment by my cat.

And, I had to pay further when the two month cycle electricity bill arrived in August.

Reply to
Upscale

I heard there were mountains, somewhere in those LA parts, too.

Have some scant recollection of them, from my youth ;-)

My first trip to LA was in January of 1981. I was there for a month and staying at the HoJo in Monrovia and working in Pasadena. After being there for about three weeks, I walked out of the hotel one morning and noticed the sun was shining for the first time on my visit. Halfway across the parking lot I stopped dead in my tracks - there was an entire mountain range that started a couple blocks away. Stood there dumfounded for a while ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You're not 30 miles from that.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Actually I consider 99 on the tarmac quite pleasant for summer. IMHO it has been pleasantly "not hot" most all summer long although the local weather guys claim 3rd hottest summer on record. They get their figures from Bush Intercontinental air port so naturally the temps are going to be uncommonly higher compared to a more natural setting.

Reply to
Leon