O/T: What are you getting the missus this year?

So far, a GIS gives me a duck caller, a hair dresser, a footy from Leeds...................... . . . to be continued.

Reply to
Robatoy

Not as lucky as me. Year before last, the wife asked for a compound miter saw. She got it.

Reply to
Dave - Parkville, MD

So far, a GIS gives me a duck caller, a hair dresser, a footy from Leeds......................

Duck Calling!

Reply to
Upscale

Does she actually do anything with it? I've never been married, but my imagination likes to conjure a rich gorgeous wife with a great personality that is really into woodworking. I should be so lucky.

Reply to
Upscale

Blue tooth headset.. was a request for Santa..

Also, I found an agate "egg" at our annual show a few weeks ago that she'll love.. I was lucky enough to arrange a good trade for it.. A bowl that had been to a few shows and not sold..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Remember the lonely hearts ad from years ago.

Looking for lady who likes to fish and has bass boat with motor.

Send picture of boat and motor.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

maternal grandmother always said: "We're too poor to buy cheap stuff."

How true.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

She does (a bit) were remodeling our house, room by room and she wants to learn woodworking. So every chance I get I let her do the cutting. She is gorgeous and has a great personality. The only problem is I have to work my butt off to afford her.

Reply to
Dave - Parkville, MD

A spiritual yoga retreat of her choosing, at Kripalu or Omega, alone...

I include "round trip luxury transportation", a.k.a. I drive her there and pick her up.

Everytime I do this, she says "Thank You" for months!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reply to
lenhow

wrote

I know the feeling.

My wife has cranked out hundreds of quilts. I ask her to sew up some little thing for me and she gets upset!!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Upscale" wrote

Amazing how informed Google makes one, eh? :)

Anyone who has gained any proficiency in consistently _talking_ a highballing flight of wild ducks or geese into a spread of decoys will understand.

Reply to
Swingman

No SHIT! Mine will not fix holes in my socks! Glad to hear that they hold up that well. IIRC hers is almost 7 years old and has only 1 problem with a reverse switch, $25 to repair and that was a shocker. Her machine however sees "lots" of use and absolutely still looks new.

Reply to
Leon

Me I have short sleeved heavy flannel shirts. Build a pile needing alterations and wait.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Probably time for a new tool unless you already have a darning egg.

Don't have a darning egg?

Time to fire up the lathe.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

MONEY PIT ALERT MONEY PIT ALERT MONEY PIT ALERT MONEY PIT ALERT MONEY PIT ALERT

Just be sure she gets most of her designs from the freebies on the internet. It will save you a bundle

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

's+palm&source=web&ots=oz9niRnV1Y&sig=D_lIDU-pjORwIl-8ukxD7Tn7Exs&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPA199,M1

Reply to
MikeWhy

That is so true! What's up with that?

She says "I Quilt...I don't sew"

I built and armoire for the bathroom (towels storage above and his/her hampers below). It took 2 years to have the fabric liners for the hampers made.

-Steve

Reply to
StephenM

All alone, no kids, no shopping, no gifts. But I plan on getting myself a WorkShop WS3000. I guess if I had a wife I'd get her whatever she wants, within reason of course.

Reply to
Phisherman

probably just not her "thing", Lee...

Sort of like all of the requests I get in the neighborhood for everything from signs to fence repairs, because they know that turners work with wood.. lol