O/T: Welcome to $4/gal gasoline

Page 5 of 5

I will add that prices at that station are normally less than the competition down the street. One block east and west regular goes for $2.99 and Premium is close to $3.30. The station I bought from simply decided to not gouge quite as deeply. A couple of weeks ago I saw gasoline go up by 15 cents per gallon at a local station. A week later they were back in line with the competition. They were trying to persuade the local competition to go up too.
The gasoline stations pricing strategy goes like this.
1. Raise the price for no reason other than to make more profit. Nothing wrong with that. 2. Did they like the results of raising the price? 3. yes, Leave the price at the higher rate. 4. no, Lower the price again.
Add pictures here
✖

Just for fun. In Holland regular (euro 95) is €1.579 per liter (at a BP station in Wageningen, so probably could be had for a little less)
€1.00 =$1.3572 gas is 1.3572*1.579=$2.1430188 per liter 1 US gallon = 3.78 liter
In Holland 1 gallon of regular costs $8.10
Have a happy Tuesday ...
--
Best regards
Han

It was $4.83 per US gallon here in Ontario Canada last night. Compared to $3.39 accross the border in New York
Add pictures here
✖
...and with the Canuck buck being worth $1.03 US that brings it to $4.97 US per US gallon.
-- wrote in message It was $4.83 per US gallon here in Ontario Canada last night. Compared to $3.39 accross the border in New York
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 28, 11:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I only buy fuel in Port Huron, MI these days. The bridge-toll is off- set by the price difference in a 12-pack of Erdinger Weissbier alone. <G> It was a little awkward to pull up behind the Jag of Sarnia Chamber Of Commerce's president at a Port Huron gas station some time ago. I pretended not to see him. He appreciated my effort. LOL. (Although he owes me a round.)
Add pictures here
✖