O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

Page 4 of 4

HAH!
I knew it!
You can't resist...
Four posts on this OT political thread alone!!
;^)
Robert

Don't you have some work to do? <G>

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Yeah.... probably.
Tear 'em up buddy. I see you have one solidly hooked as of now.
Robert
Robatoy wrote:

You obviously haven't read much history or at least don't understand it very well. Before the creation of banking, capital formation, and money lending, humanity lived in abject misery. You live better than the very richest person on the entire planet just a few hundred years ago, let alone before the advent of banking. As capital formation moved from being tribal to becoming mercantile to eventually becoming capitalism as practiced today, you can see a parallel improvement in more and more lives of the people of each of these eras. In short, your objection to the money lenders is silly, ad hominem and utterly without merit until/unless the practice fraud, force, or threat.

You are smoking crack. Nothing has changed? Since when. There has been more change for the positive in the past 100 years all over this planet than the past 10,000 years of recorded history.

Again, you must be hitting the pipe. You desperately need to read a good volume on world history. There are - on the whole - *fewer* wars today than ever, certainly insofar as the West participates. (The various tribal sewers around the world manage to maintain a tradition of constant warfare, but they are footnotes on the larger stage of the planet.)

And here we see your class bigotry. Since you are evidently not of one of the privileged class, you hate them. Could it be because you feel inadequate in that you cannot accomplish what they have?

Sheer lunacy. Those flags represent more freedom and opportunity for more people over the span of their existence than any other single human culture before. Yes, all three of these nations have had their naughty moments, but they are minor in the large context of human history. Slavery? The West was involved for 300-400 years, but Africa has an unbroken tradition of slaving *to this day*. Violence, war, and murder? It's been part of every culture including the three nations you cite. But in each of those nations it has been a diminishing activity for decades.

Continue to point out the manifest evil of people like Clinton and Obama.

I am not enslaved by the wealthy, the money lenders, the military, and all the rest of your hobby horse enemies. I am enslaved - to the extent that I am - by my fellow citizens. People like you who are the beneficiaries of free markets, capitalism, and personal liberty, but who now wish to turn their backs on these things because the outcomes aren't equal enough to suit them. I don't fear the government anywhere near as much as I fear arguments like yours - that wealth is inherently evil, that power is one vast conspiracy, and that banking is the instrument of oppression. You're views are terrifying because - to the extent that people believe these insane notions - they will turn their backs on the very things that actually keep them relatively free.

I forgot we have cars now too... and Rove... Yes indeed, a lot has changed.
You are incapable of abstract thought? The BIG picture, idiot! Zoom back a little and take a close look at that 'freedom' of yours. Freedom only exists in the minds of dreamers and then only within the confines of what your overlords allow you to have.
I thought you were brighter than that... in a Rovian way of course. (I live a better-than-average life-style and enjoy the toys money buys me. I have never smoked crack. But you have way too many buttons I can push for me to continue a conversation with Rove-Light. (You're not as bright as Karl.)
<G>

He is NOT a redneck.
--
FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

Just for clarification: Was that a compliment, observation, or slap?

I was defending rednecks.
--
FF

<G>
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

In the absence of a coherent argument, attack the individual, eh?

Do you have a license to use "eh"?
Papers, please.....
I have not license to use eh.... but will loony's in my shoes pass? in my penny lofers that is. hit me with a blue please ross
Robatoy wrote:

I was born with one, eh. But it may have lapsed, eh. However, I once lived in C-eh-n-eh-d-eh ...

Alllright, limited use license granted.
Robatoy wrote:

I think we still need to see the paperwork, eh? ;-)
--
Froz...

> >> - Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> >> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
Robatoy wrote:

No, saw a thing on Global News friday night, all them poor little gophers, crossing the track and nearly getting killed. ;-)
--
Froz...

BAD Lewis.

Yeah; what is this, right-wing talk-radio?
Dave in Houston

In this instance the tactic was escalation by involving an innocent third party, sort of like when Saddam Hussein Scudded Israel.
--
FF