O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

Page 3 of 4
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Does this mean he'll need a new pair of shoes?
"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

New something.
Should know better than trying to engage brain before morning java<G>.
Lew
Doug Winterburn wrote:

or perhaps a new fish.

Just half-soles.
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:36:12 -0700 (PDT), Charlie Self

I heard that the Senator from Arizona has come up with his new campaign slogan:
"In Your Heart You Know He's RIGHT."
...wait a minute...
Regards,
Tom
Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Yeah, yeah, I get it. Senator. Arizona. Right. I get it. I'm not *that* old.
Now here's one for the Senator from Illinois:
"In Your Guts You Know He's NUTS."
Lew Hodgett wrote:

He sold the bottom of his shoe?? Who would want that??
--
They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for
one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in

And did he sell his halibut to the extremist fish nwhackos on other side?
Flash

oowee... Flash has risen from the obscure!!
Flash wrote:

Well, at least he now has a propoise for living...

Lew Hodgett wrote:

I've resisted this thread until this one.
What planet do you live on, or what are you smoking? Maverick John McCain sold the bottom of his shoe to the far right fringe of the party? You have absolutely got to be kidding! John McCain -- the guy who is buying into all this global warming BS? The guy who abrogated the first amendment with his McCain/Feingold campaign finance bill? The guy who sponsored the McCain/Kennedy amnesty for illegal aliens bill? The candidate that all constitutional constructionist conservative pundits are having significant problems with being able to recommend, let alone support? The guy who has crossed the aisle to rub elbows with the dems more than his own party? The guy who helped form the gang of 14 that destroyed the ability of the Republican majority to get the Senate to approve judicial nominees when the dems used the filibuster in a way that was unprecedented? The John McCain who opposed the tax cuts? The John McCain who, in the past several days has spent time praising Obama and Hillary and pilloring the President (a member of his own party)? That John McCain, far right? Just what do you see as "far right" about Maverick John McCain, or just how far left are you?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:35:59 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Awwwwww! A bad year for the Limbaughs and their ilk? Gee, I'm really sorry.
As the sun slowly sinks on the radio towers of the right ....
Larry Blanchard wrote:

You obviously didn't read the original post (or just decided to ignore it) in which the OP was ranting about how McCain had sold his soul to the far right.

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 08:51:14 -0700, Larry Blanchard
I was thinking that most of these Political Scientologist threads wind up looking like a NASCAR race in reverse.
Right Turn.
Right Turn.
Right Turn...
Regards,
Tom
Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

As I thought. Pat Robertson STILL has not endorsed him.
I think he means the John McCain who decided he really doesn't tolerate gays after, promised to appoint a judge to the USSC who will overturn Roe v Wade, and opposes a GI bill as good as the one his fellow Vietnam Veterans enjoyed because the President is concerned that it will inhibit retention.
HTF could it inhibit retention? 'Stop/Loss' assures retention.
--
FF

That simply cannot happen when it costs nearly a billion dollars to get elected.
On Jun 5, 8:20am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

I am having a vision of President Porky Pig:
"bdip bdip bdip bdip that ALL FOLKS!!!!" as he slaps this big red button with a picture of a mushroom on it...
On Jun 5, 7:20 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

I saw James Carvelle, the Demo bulldog on Letterman many months ago, probably around Thanksgiving.
He felt like the Dems in the white house was an absolute "given". After all, with the current administration's poor popularity rating being as low as it has been for so long, with the economy really just starting to tank, and with the price of fuel going where it has, and with the rumblings of "The Surge" starting, he opined that it should be like shooting fish in a barrel.
In keeping with that, you can see how the above concerns (plus many others) has intensified enormously.
Carvelle later opined (paraphrased by me) "if the Democrats can't put a candidate in office after all of this mess caused by the Republicans they don't deserve to even have a party at all. This should be the easiest election yet as anything would be better than another Republican president".
It's gonna be interesting.
Robert
[snipped most of old-hat post]
The 'head of state' in almost all cases, is someone who the money- lenders 'allow' to be their spokesman and figure head. Bush was such a puppet. There have been many more before him and there will a new one this coming November. I refer to the true power as money-lenders because I like the euphemism and it encapsulates both the greed and a bit of historical reference to what happened to them when Jesus went postal on them and overturned their tables.
What you got here, is the failure for the peoples to understand that nothing has changed. The power is still within the castle walls and all we have accomplished, is the change of the names of the burden/tax that we as 'serfs' are having extorted from us. "Give your money to us, you'll feel safer because we can obliterate that bad guy over that hill there.....oh, there isn't one... we'll bloody well MAKE/MAKE-BIGGER-THAN-WHAT-HE-REALLY-IS an enemy." BOOGA BOOGA... come here, give me half of what you've got and you'll sleep better at night."
And when we look up at that castle wall, knowing the privileged ones are having caviar, we don't mind, they're keeping us safe.
They're screwing us, and we like it. We like it so much, that we drape ourselves in our flags, being a union Jack, Maple Leaf or Stars and Stripes.
And when we look up at the castle walls, and word comes down that 'those people' on the other side of the forest have something the Knights/our protectors want/need, we're happy to get it for them, because they love us and keep us safe.
We have been had, people, We've been bullshat. We've been Bilderbuggered. [sic as it is]
Soooooo... Tim said:

Whatcha gonna do about it Tim? Any suggestions?

Just like you tolerate being enslaved.

WAAAIIITT-A-SECONNNND... did I just get sucked into this thread...my bad. oopsies.