O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

Page 1 of 4
Yesterday's events served to document how far we have come as a people.
A woman and a black(mulatto) man seeking the highest office in the USA.
How many would have though it possible even 3 years ago?
I suggest not many.
I'm old enough to remember when Eisenhower sent the troops into Little Rock.
I'm old enough to remember telling my daughter (Obama's age) that if she got grades twice as good as her brothers, worked twice as hard as they did, she would probably earn half as much money.
Fair? Hell no, but the "glass ceiling" existed in corporate America in those days.
Things aren't perfect, but they are improving.
Regardless of how the election shakes out this November, we as a people will have demonstrated just how much tolerance we have learned, and how it has made us better for it.
Lew

I think we will see how far we have come when we see what the winner of the election after taking office. Just because folks are of a certain persuasion doesn't mean they don't have their own agenda.
If it is McCain, will he have an age centered agenda?
If Obama, will he have a racially centered agenda?
Only time will tell.
I am not so sure that we have all jumped on the Rainbow Coalition's bandwagon as much as we are pretty sick of the same old crap we have had for the last 16 years.

We'll see about the tolerance level during the campaign. I think more fur will be flying soon, and the temptation to go for blood will be too much for the candidates to resist.
Robert
Okay... I surrender. I had to have ONE more funrun at this shit.
As always, It got me nowhere. Fun thought. Can we talk about all those summer dresses now?
Damn....summer dresses!!! Now your pushing my buttons. High 90's and low 100's here already. Plenty of summer dresses and shorts. Both are good but a good summer dress always wins. Especially if its on a female.
cm
wrote:
Okay... I surrender. I had to have ONE more funrun at this shit.
As always, It got me nowhere. Fun thought. Can we talk about all those summer dresses now?

mmmmmm......
cm

?!!!!!!!!!?

dresses? It gets that hot, maybe? Or?
;-)
Renata

OK.
It is around 100 every day here, hot for this time of year even for South Texas.
But since you brought it up.
I am remembering a fond time in my life when the girls were wearing (late 60's ? 70's for sure) those gauzy cotton sun dresses that came about to their knees. You remember, the kind that was loose, kinda blew around in a light breeze.
http://www.ranchandcoast.com/july2006/images/sparrow.jpg
http://www.jackiesboutique.com/Coverups_s/2.htm
You didn't need to hang it all out in those days, and it really wasn't needed. Those were the days when the girls popped on the dress, some cute footwear, and sans underwear, we took off.
It may be my imagination, but it seems women were a lot nicer in those days. And like I was at that time, everything was where God intended it to be, not where it is now. For them, there was no need for support...
Sigh.
Screw politics.
Give me cute girl in a sun dress and you guys can have all the rest.
Robert

I'm with you! A beautiful woman looks better in the right clothes than when she's popping out all over. Take this dress, for instance. Completely hides everything, so you have no clue if there's anything nice underneath all that material.
http://urbanupdater.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/smockdress.jpg
<g> Now... back to work ya'll!!
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:09:08 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

I can imagine...
Robatoy wrote:

Well, if you really want the demure, hidden look, how about:
http://www.merateonline.it/2001/novembre/Immagini/boccaccia_1811_1.jpg

beautiful woman looks better in the right clothes than when she's popping out all over. Take this dress, for instance. Completely hides everything, so you have no clue if there's anything nice underneath all that material.
http://urbanupdater.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/smockdress.jpg
If you're even contemplating that there might be nothing underneath that dress, either your eyesight is on its last legs or you've lost the lenses for your glasses. There's plenty body visible to accurately know exactly what's not visible.

That was completely tongue-in-cheek, Dave. (MY cheek)
That was completely tongue-in-cheek, Dave. (MY cheek)
Ok, guess I've been a little slow these days. I'm blaming on the recent heat wave we're in.
Mention of summer dresses has brought three very different people together on this group. Could this be the answer to world peace? No I guess not..... The silly Muslims would not approve of summer dresses.
cm

http://www.fashiontrendsetter.com/content/articles/2007/Primark-p1.html
You certainly have and eye for design. The print is lovely.
BTW I saw the largest mini skirt ever yesterday. It was making its way into a Seven Eleven to buy donuts. I counted four donuts. Must be for the kids....... Well maybe not.
cm
wrote:

http://www.fashiontrendsetter.com/content/articles/2007/Primark-p1.html
CM wrote:

Oh gads, *that* was a mental image I didn't need.

"Robatoy" wrote in message On Jun 6, 9:17 am, "CM" wrote:

I've always been a sucker for factory air ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

I love a good cup of coffee, except when it blows out of my nose onto my keyboard. You magnificent bastard!