O/T: Warm Enough

Page 3 of 9

As I said before, with the proper care, regulation and oversight, fracking is fine with me.
--
Best regards
Han
On 7/4/2012 2:58 PM, Han wrote:

Actually, I feel sorry for her. As one who presses the wrong button 50% of the time when checking out at the grocery store because the clerks insist on saying "Please press the green button to approve the amount.", that apparently rules me out for ever being a politician.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/4/2012 1:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

I busted out laughing when I read that. I wander who got to her and how much she got.
I laughed again when I learned that she could have changed her vote as long is it did not affect the outcome. What would be the point??

I get a "Page not found" from both Firefox and Exploder.
-- Truth loves to go naked. --Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

I do too now, but here is another link: http://tinyurl.com/6ozqbgp or <http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/tillis-ignores-carneys-pleas-to-correct -her-vote-on-fracking-bill/Content?oid096728>
--
Best regards
Han
On 7/5/2012 6:51 AM, Han wrote:

Never mind the rules, never mind she made the mistake, slant it as much as you can and blame it on the other party.
That rag is exactly what's wrong with today's media.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

The stupidity of both the rules and the woman casting the deciding vote is what was funny. You know by now my feelings about fracking.
--
Best regards
Han
On 7/5/2012 10:46 AM, Han wrote:

Actually, the point upon which I was commenting had nothing to do with "fracking". <see the disclaimer>
But, while you're at it, to the above stupidities, add the absurdity of allowing the son-in-law of a paid campaign worker to "report" on the incident.
As always, "The written word is seldom the whole truth." ... no exceptions for anyone. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 01:00:34 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

Correct. Although I might say "the" instead of "a". Unless you live in an Irish hut with a peat fire :-).

On 6/30/2012 9:18 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

The sky is not falling.
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 19:18:00 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

There were many cycles of warming and cooling long before there were enough humans to affect the atmosphere.
Having doctored reports from one agency makes *all* of the "evidence" suspect.
I can't disprove global warming, but we're currently on the high side of a sunspot cycle which fits with 100 degrees in the afternoon and 75 degrees at night. Wouldn't true global warming also increase the nighttime temperatures?
On 7/1/2012 12:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@jecarter.us wrote:

Ok, not fair!!! Logical observations muddy up the hype.

A "factual impossibility"? What pompous certainty an ego. The Gaia religion is heard from.
Dave wrote:

The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is roughly equivalent to comparing the chalk outline of a football referee to the entire field (including sidelines and goals) after he was stabbed repeatedly by irate fans for making three separate bad calls against the home team. The increase in CO2 for the past century corresponds to the stain left on the field as he bled out.
P.S. After this interruption, the remainder of the game, some nine minutes, was played with NO penalty calls at all.
On 7/1/2012 4:22 PM, Dave wrote:

This sounds like an obamanism, it is somebody else fault. We all know that the climate changes of the past 1,000,000 years were all the fault of man and his destruction of the environment, in his greedy pursuit of profits.
On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 08:38:09 -0400, Keith Nuttle

You can try to dismiss it as much as you want, but man as a population is more now than anytime in history and his use of fossil fuels has never been so great.
There always comes a point when the obvious (and common sense) supercedes any other explanation.

The explanation that "it's normal" and "it's always been this way" is far more obvious and makes far more sense. But you're welcome to your religion of Gaia, just don't ask me to feed your collection plate.
On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 10:37:02 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

I doubt anybody who knows you would ever expect anything from you. You're a self centred ahole and always have been.

Wow! Now there's a pot. Ever look in a mirror?