O/T: Vista

Page 1 of 4
Have a friend with a Toshiba laptop running Vista.
Want to change screen resolution.
Open Control Panel.
Can't find Display icon.
Where do I go from here?
Lew

I'm running Windows 7 and don't have a Vista machine around to check, but what happens when you open the start menu and type in "display" or "resolution"?
That reminds me... The idiots responsible for control panel hid everything to make it "easier to use" or something. Somewhere on the LH side, there should be an option to switch to classic view or similar. (Sorry, I'm going by memory.)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 15 Dec 2011 06:39:39 GMT, Puckdropper

Don't know about Vista, but in Windows 7, you can left click on the desktop and select screen resolution. In control panel you can select display.
On 12/15/2011 4:01 AM, Dave wrote:

I think you meant to say right click the desk top.

Yup. Guess I shouldn't offer solutions at 0400 in the morning.

Right click on a blank area of the screen. Select "Personalize". Select "Display Settings". Adjust to suit. Just checked on my HP running Vista Home Premium.

On 12/15/2011 1:26 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

choices; the last one is "Display Settings".
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Right click desktop Click on "Properties" Click "Settings" tab
--

dadiOH
____________________________
----------------- "Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Have a friend with a Toshiba laptop running Vista.
Want to change screen resolution.
Open Control Panel.
Can't find Display icon.
Where do I go from here?
Lew
On 12/15/11 8:38 AM, m II wrote:

1) Upgrade the OS, you will most likely have to change it back. 2) Some Video Driver updates, again..sometimes, but not always 3) Shit happens (it is Windows after all)
And yes, just to re-iterate some previous comments, right click on the desktop->properties, you'll find it.
--
Froz...

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:26:42 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

See:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-screen-resolution
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

To your local Arco gas station?
On 12/15/2011 4:07 PM, Larry W wrote:

On 12/14/2011 10:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

to dell dot com and buy a real computer. With something besides vista.
--
Steve Barker
Vista?
------------- "Steve Barker" wrote in message
to dell dot com and buy a real computer. With something besides vista.
--
Steve Barker
On 12/17/2011 6:42 PM, m II wrote:

LMAO! Ok, what do they touch? HP?? Har har...
--
Steve Barker
I always go to my local computer store and have them me one out of top rated parts. They are usually cheaper and don't require "special" drivers and o/s to install so when upgrade them it is actually possible. When problems occur they fix it while I stand there, typically and I don't need to speak Packi in order to discuss methods or fixes. Mind you, the Chinklish can get pretty thick, sometimes.
---------------- "Steve Barker" wrote in message

LMAO! Ok, what do they touch? HP?? Har har...
--
Steve Barker
On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 21:39:48 -0800, Steve Barker

Aren't Dells the Packard Hells of today?
-- If you're trying to take a roomful of people by surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets if you don't yell going through the door. -- Lois McMaster Bujold
On 12/18/2011 7:34 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Getting that way. I've been a big fan of Dell's XPS laptops for years, but their XPS 15 I purchased two months ago is extremely disappointing in fit and finish ... it is built like it came from HF, not kidding!
I have the old one and the new on side by side in my office ... the difference in quality is glaring, and does not bode well for the future of Dell.
Further proof that, with the rise of MBAthink, almost anything you buy from an American corporation these days is, in a large measure, total, unmitigated, shit.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 12/18/11 11:29 AM, Swingman wrote:

consumer grade computers, too much bloatware and horrible components. A possible exception for machines aimed at gamers, they tend to have much better hardware in them. Get machines aimed for corporations if you can, they tend to be better all around, as a general rule.
--
Froz...