O/T: Up Yours

Page 10 of 11
Han wrote:

Oh, that's easy--you put a 100kw element in the fuser to heat it up rapidly.
--John

100 kW at 50 cent/kWh? $50 per hour to operate a copier? At that rate the electric company would give you the paper and toner.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

You can have it fast, good, or cheap, but you can't have all three.
--John
Han wrote:

So they ran wires from the wind turbines and dams direct to your house without interfacing them with the rest of the grid? Yeah, you're being hoodwinked.

And of course you're going to get rich this way.

--John

Even I do not believe that. But the power I consumed (or an equivalent amount) was generated by renewable energy generation.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

An equivalent amount yes, but not the energy you consumed.
I like it though--greenies like you pay a premium for the same identical energy from the same identical sources that the guy across the street gets without paying the premium.
Can you say "more money than brains"?
--John

Thanks!!
--
Best regards
Han

This guy Clarke is a TROLL.
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

You can't win on the facts so you start name-calling.
--John
Rod & Betty Jo wrote:

So how much are you going to have warehoused after, say, a thousand years? Remember, that warehouse has to be _absolutely_ secure--if it ever gets busted open then we have 1000 years worth of CO2 emission happening in an instant.
Rising levels of CO2 are not "simply the release of naturally stored CO2". They are the result of burning carbon--one atom of carbon burned with two atoms of oxygen gives one molecule of CO2 plus a certain amount of energy. To store it "naturally" in the state it was in before it was burned you have to unburn it, which means putting as much energy _into_ it as you got out of it (more actually, considering that the process is not 100% efficient), which defeats the purpose of burning it in the firt place.

--John

No, the rising levels are a consequence of the conversion of fossil carbon and carbon compounds, mostly fossil fuels, to carbon dioxide. The observed rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide is about half of that produced by burning fossil fuels If fossil fuel burning stopped today, the concentration in the atmosphere would begin dropping tomorrow..
Aside from that balance, there is also the Seuss effect.
--
FF

Before I read the replies to this...
We could blow em up and take it from them.
K.
How about if you guys who start political threads make that the standard subject line?
--
FF

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote:

Since starting this thread, have enjoyed the twists and turns it has taken.
All that heat and no useful work.
Doesn't take much to be a real shit disturber around here<G>.
Lew
On Sat, 17 May 2008 20:22:54 -0700 (PDT), Fred the Red Shirt

A thread title of " O/T: Up Yours" isn't enough of a hint that you might want to skip it? <G>
B A R R Y wrote:

No! I mean, up my what? WHAT is up there? Was it removed afterwards or does it remain up there? Was it sterilized? Animal, vegetable, mineral? Do Barak, Hillary, or John have one up theirs? What about W., is this whole middle-east thing because he had one up his? Will it hurt?
The subject alone raises so many questions! One MUST look!

Obviously, I also looked. <G>

Gotcha!
--
Best regards
Han
Woodie wrote:

Should somebody with your screen name really write that post? Rod
Rod & Betty Jo wrote:

Uhm... Rod!?