O/T: Today Is A good Day

Page 3 of 3
On 7/24/2012 8:26 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Maybe in 55, My first PT job in high school in 72 paid $1.75 per hour.
On 7/24/2012 8:26 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

With the competition from across the street on most corners with stations, I could pretty well fill up my '49 Willy Jeepster for four or five bucks, get a few extra drops out of the nozzle for my Zippo, and score an aluminum "glass" to boot.
And didn't even have to get out of the seat ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Leon wrote the following on 7/24/2012 9:06 AM (ET):

..after he checked the oil and water, and cleaned the windshield. You probably got some Green Stamps too.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 7/26/2012 9:55 AM, willshak wrote:

Absolutely right!
On 7/24/2012 7:17 AM, Leon wrote:

I remember "gas wars", where the stations would lower their price to grab some action. Lowest I recall was .09. And you got green stamps or a free glass with a fill up.
There was a free market then.
Those days are long gone.
On 7/23/2012 2:45 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

WOW! That's a lot of candles. How old are you ? ;~)
Good for you Lew! May you have just as many more.
Lew Hodgett wrote the following on 7/23/2012 3:45 PM (ET):

HB. You got 4 months and change on me.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Happy birthday, hope it was a memorable one!
Not meaning to rain on your parade but I feel duty bound to inform you that it doesn't get better. I <sob> speak from experience.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
"dadiOH" wrote:

----------------------------------- I've always believed that you wake up, roll both legs over the edge of the bed, both tootsies touch the floor, and both lungs are working, you have a shot at another day.
Anything else is bonus money.
Lew
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:45:13 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Maybe, but I'd that sentiment increases the older you get.
On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:03:07 AM UTC-5, dadiOH wrote:

Yeah - I chuckle, sometimes loudly, when I hear some thirty- or forty-some complain about getting "Old". I tell them 'Kids, you ain't seen nothing yet!"
RonB

Congrats, Lew. Have MANY more!