O/T: Thought For The Day

Gotta lov it
Lew
"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
-Capital Brewery, Middleton, Wis.
Unless they have a problem with the alcohol content. The only reason I drink light beer (regular strength burns my stomach) not the taste.
Len

bad behavior.
basilisk

content of light is just a tad less than regular gringo beer.. "Normal" beer here is in the 4. 5 to 5. 5% range..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Do you have a similar problem with eating spicy food too? I find as I get older and my palate isn't as sharp as it used to be, that I gravitate towards the spicier foods. But, I also find that I'm now prone to more stomach irritation I used to.
Getting old(er) sucks!

WARNING! Red pepper [now] makes gas!
--
Dave in Houston

All peppers make gas. Found that out years ago!

Yes, but I don't remember them affecting things the way they do now.
Dave in Houston

I get amazing, nay, spectacular results from pea-soup.

I get amazing, nay, spectacular results from pea-soup.
Well, yeah, that, too. And the list goes on . . . .
Dave in Houston
"Robatoy" wrote:
I get amazing, nay, spectacular results from pea-soup. ------------------------------------------------ (As told to me upon my father's knee)
Beans, beans, The musical fruit, The more you eat, The more you toot, The more you toot, The better you feel. So why not have beans for every meal?
Lew

The way I heard it starts out differently, but ends pretty much the same:
Beans, beans, good for the heart. The more you eat ...
Uzbekistan, or maybe it was Kajekistan, well it was probably one of those _stan countries, aspired to becoming a First World country. They looked around and found that a common factor was that most of the First World countries made "beer". Though they, like any other civilization had long ago discovered how to get alcohol, that you could drink - without dying as a result - they had know idea what this "beer" was to taste like.
So they put their best alcohol makers on the task. Six months later each had a batch of what they believed to be this "beer" stuff. Unfortunately, no one had any idea what beer was supposed to taste like.
So, they sent samples of their "beer" to a chemist in Germany for analysis (who knows more about beer than the Germans?) for analysis.
One month later they got the results.
"Dear Sir/Mam:
We received your samples, have anayzed them and - we regret to inform you that your horse is anemic.
Sincerely Otto Schuemellacherdensdidortenmeinfrei
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 01:47:09 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Here's to the brew you can't see through, as black as a witch's cat. If the porter's run out I'll have a stout, straight from the brewers tap.
Me - 2007

"Dave in Houston" wrote:

Naw, but I had the T-Shirt for that one, courtesy of a trip thru Colorado and a stop at the Durango-Silverton rail gift shop.
Lew
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:16:49 -0500, Larry Blanchard

Ah, yes! Back in the days when I still drank Porter was easily my favorite with Stout a close second. A friend of mine did a lot of homebrewing and made some of the most incredible Porters I ever drank. Sometimes I almost miss booze....
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
"I'm not exactly burned out, but I'm a little bit scorched and there's some smoke damage."
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 11:11:19 -0700, Tim Douglass wrote:

my gut guy is Irish, he says it's OK to cheat on occasion. I'm trying to hold occasion down to once a month, but it's difficult :-).