O/T: They Are Dropping Like Flies

First it was Patrick Swayze, now add Henry Gibson (Laugh In, Nashville and Boston Legal) and Mary Travers of Peter, Paul & Mary.
The reaper claims his due.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I can't recall all the prominent people that have passed this year but the list is astounding.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2009
--
http://www.welshpembrokecorgis.com

Bummer. I still occasionally put on some PP&M songs and sing harmony till I become hoarse or too drunk. I'll hafta do a memorial sing along this weekend. :\
nb
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Oh no, not Henry Gibson. He was one of the all-time winners at under-stated humor.

Rob Leatham
Including those who go unnoticed and unappreciated. Sure... entertainers are an important part of our social fabric. Just look at Hollywood today!
Then there are others:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_on_re_us/us_obit_walker_2
Class and dignity just don't get much attention these days.
Robert

A lot of class indeed. That guy was cool.

They may not get much media attention, but class and dignity are out there, much of it among the younger generations. I walk somewhat unsteadily with a cane and use the ride on carts in the stores that have them. It's truly wonderful how many young people (men and women) will hold a door for me or ask if they can help get an item from the top shelf in a store. I don't really need the help, but it sure is pleasant to get asked. Whether or not I accept the help, I make sure I look them in the eye and thank them for asking or opening the door.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Good point. After the idiocy on the music awards the other night, someone posted a similar tribute to the baseball player who stopped a flag burning incident during a game. Don't remember his name right now, but Tommy Lasorda was third base coach and was also running to the incident as well.

Rob Leatham

And did you hear about Michael Jackson?

He's really alive and living in Tierra del Fuego.
LD wrote:

Have I missed something? I know there's a joke there somewhere but I seem to have completely missed it.

Joke?