O/T: The Hammer Dropped

Page 3 of 5
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Boy have you been fed a crock of crap. -----------------------

Right after Jon Kyl gets his.
Talk about a flip flop.
Actually so called "pork" is a lot of smoke about a realtively small amount of the total budget. ---------------------------

Start by paying for a few things given away during the last 30 years starting with Reagan's "trickle down" tax revisions.
Lew
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Talk about mindless. --------------------------------

Was that with or without Vaseline?
Lew
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:33:20 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

You tell me, Lew. He greased up the Dems.
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour
.

Yes. It's called damage control. Say you have a fire in your kitchen. Do you: A) Say "oh well, the damage is done so there is no need to put it out". B) Put the fire out knowing that the kitchen has sustained damage but at least you can save the rest of the house. There is a difference between having a reason and having and excuse. There are many reasons for not voting but very few excuses. If you can honestly say that you are incapable of making an informed, intelligent decision, that is an excuse. "I don't like either of them" is a reason, not an excuse.

This is assuming that the candidate and his short comings is as obvious as whether to put out a fire or not. Candidates are not as predictable as a fire.
The trouble with voting for damage control is that the winner thinks you actually wanted him to win because of his policy, not because you wanted the other guy to not win.
I wrote:

"Leon" wrote:

-------------------------------------
Those comments border on IBS.
You don't like the way someone you voted for is doing their job, you have right, no an obligation to make your views known.
By voting, you earned that right.
If you don't like the candidates running for an office, then get involved and get some candidates you can support to run, but that means work over and above voting.
As a side note, here in California, the race for state attorney general has not yet offically been decided; however, one of the candidates has conceded defeat within the last couple of days.
The two candidates could not have had more distinct differences.
The difference was about 50,000 out of several million votes cast.
Every vote made a difference.
Look at Alaska.
Lew

And what in the last 50 years has that acomplished? We continue to get candidates that are taking us down the wrong path. You have to step back and look at the big picture and determine what is really wrong with the system. Simply complaining has not helped as far back as I remember.
I absolutely think that every one should vote and I also believe that they should only vote if there is some one that they want to elect. And I believe that if the majority of eligible voters don't vote for any one in particular no candidate shoud win.

sure..
The simple solution would be change the requirements to win.
"Leon" wrote:

Surely you jest.

Define what in your opinion defines "wrong path."

Other than Reagan's screwing of the middle class, what else is wrong?

No, you have to something in addition to just bitching.

OK, it is also your obligation to insure you get candidates who represent the majority of your views for which you can vote.

That's a crap out on your part, an excuse for not getting involved..

Not really, that's just a crap out.
Lew
On 11/27/2010 5:39 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

5t5_O8hdA
"Just Wondering" wrote:

----------------------------- RIP 11/28/10
Lew

How are things in California these days?
"Leon" wrote:

It's 59F outside my window today.
That sucks.
Lew
"Leon" wrote in message

Yes, because it's better than the greater of two evils being elected.

Actually that's only two choices, as one and two have the same outcome. And you're assuming that elections never have positive outcomes, while at the very least some elections prevent something even worse from happening.

Not voting sends a worse message, it tells politicians people don't care what happens and so the politicians can do as they please.

How about the best of both worlds, we all vote and we all bitch.

Human nature says everyone will bitch about anything and everything whether or not they are asked to vote on it.

Silly argument.
OK next time I will flip a coin and vote for the horse's ass that it falls on.
I can still bitch because the idiot system allows the BS to still happen no matter who I vote for. I played their game and voted religiously (there's the problem) for 35 years and it got me jerks that I voted for and jerks that I opposed. They have no responsibilty once they get voted in and they have no knowledge of affairs (except Clinton) before they get voted in.
Vote "No" and follow your own advise.
BTW: I don't vote in your country anyway so you are safe from my vote cancelling yours and a few others...LOL
Sitting back on ones hands and not participating in the voting process is not a viable option.
IMHO, if you don't vote, don't bitch should apply.
As the old saying goes, "There ain't no free lunch", especially when it comes to voting.
Off the box.
Lew
On 11/26/10 1:39 PM, Josepi wrote:

They are both honest and good fiscal conservatives with real business experience, not to mention real nice people. Not sure where you are in Canada, but there is change coming here, I'll bet my boots on it.
--
Froz...

The change will only be a loonie or toonie.
I voted for Rob Ford for Mayor, and little brother Doug for counselor. They are both honest and good fiscal conservatives with real business experience, not to mention real nice people. Not sure where you are in Canada, but there is change coming here, I'll bet my boots on it.
september.org... On 11/26/10 1:39 PM, Josepi wrote:

The change will only be a loonie or toonie.
I voted for Rob Ford for Mayor, and little brother Doug for counselor. They are both honest and good fiscal conservatives with real business experience, not to mention real nice people. Not sure where you are in Canada, but there is change coming here, I'll bet my boots on it.
september.org... On 11/26/10 1:39 PM, Josepi wrote:

The change will only be a loonie or toonie.
I voted for Rob Ford for Mayor, and little brother Doug for counselor. They are both honest and good fiscal conservatives with real business experience, not to mention real nice people. Not sure where you are in Canada, but there is change coming here, I'll bet my boots on it.
september.org... On 11/26/10 1:39 PM, Josepi wrote:

I lived in TO for 16+ years and I would have voted for Ford...so he got himself into a bit of pickle have had a few too many in Flawrida...shiat man, who hasn't?