O/T: The Hammer Dropped

Page 1 of 5
Tom "The Hammer" Delay was finally found guilty today in a Texas court of law today of money laundering ($190K) committed in 2002.
Sometimes the wheels of justice grind slow, but they also grind fine.
Lew

That scumbag won't do time.
"Robatoy" wrote:

Texas courts have a reputation for handing down some interesting rulings.
Remember Texaco V Pennzoil?"
Lew
Very slippery defence but a viscous penalty.
"Robatoy" wrote:

Texas courts have a reputation for handing down some interesting rulings.
Remember Texaco V Pennzoil?"
Lew

I disagree. This was a *felony* conviction. He'll appeal, as he has the right to do, but from what coverage I've seen in Austin and DFW newspapers, he doesn't stand much chance of success.
On 11/24/2010 09:23 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Takes decades to unmask the scumbags:
<http://politics.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/11/24/a-lonely-guilty-verdict-for-charlie-rangel.html

He's not in jail yet.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:23:04 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

http://americaswatchtower.com/2010/07/29/charlie-rangel-indicted-for-13-ethics-violations / http://nlpc.org/stories/2010/08/02/rep-maxine-waters-charged-ethics-violations-house-committee And that's only two -recent- democrats.
It would appear that -all- our elected officials all wanton criminals, wouldn't it?
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Corruption and greed know no partisan affiliations. Neither does stupidity.
In article <1244ce9a-ed56-40e0-9865-

...and it crosses all national boundaries.
"Robatoy" wrote in message wrote:

<snip>> -- Minna Thomas Antrim Corruption and greed know no partisan affiliations. Neither does stupidity.
I whole heartily agree!
If the central government were chosen and paid by Ben's thoughts, corruption and greed might be under tighter control: They are of the People, and return again to mix with the People, having no more durable preeminence than the different Grains of Sand in an Hourglass. Such an Assembly cannot easily become dangerous to Liberty. They are the Servants of the People, sent together to do the People's Business, and promote the public Welfare; their Powers must be sufficient, or their Duties cannot be performed. They have no profitable Appointments, but a mere Payment of daily Wages, such as are scarcely equivalent to their Expences; so that, having no Chance for great Places, and enormous Salaries or Pensions, as in some Countries, there is no triguing or bribing for Elections. Benjamin Franklin, letter to George Whatley, May 23, 1785
Of course the children of all generations have to be taught... It should be your care, therefore, and mine, to elevate the minds of our children and exalt their courage; to accelerate and animate their industry and activity; to excite in them an habitual contempt of meanness, abhorrence of injustice and inhumanity, and an ambition to excel in every capacity, faculty, and virtue. If we suffer their minds to grovel and creep in infancy, they will grovel all their lives. John Adams, Dissertation on the Canon and Feudal Law, 1756
And the "PC" crowd has done much to suppress it... Public virtue cannot exist in a nation without private, and public virtue is the only foundation of republics. There must be a positive passion for the public good, the public interest, honour, power and glory, established in the minds of the people, or there can be no republican government, nor any real liberty: and this public passion must be superior to all private passions. John Adams, letter to Mercy Warren, April 16, 1776
At the establishment of our constitutions, the judiciary bodies were supposed to be the most helpless and harmless members of the government. Experience, however, soon showed in what way they were to become the most dangerous; that the insufficiency of the means provided for their removal gave them a freehold and irresponsibility in office; that their decisions, seeming to concern individual suitors only, pass silent and unheeded by the public at large; that these decisions, nevertheless, become law by precedent, sapping, by little and little, the foundations of the constitution, and working its change by construction, before any one has perceived that that invisible and helpless worm has been busily employed in consuming its substance. In truth, man is not made to be trusted for life, if secured against all liability to account. Thomas Jefferson, letter to Monsieur A. Coray, Oct 31, 1823
Tom
Well we're finally getting to build here in TN, and an attached shop is included... 29' X 29'. I could only get 8' walls since the rest of the house has them, and the roof would have looked weird to match a higher wall. My son in law is the contractor, and I've been "swapping time" helping him with other houses (plus trying to get a new practice going on a shoe string) so I haven't had time to drop by the Wreck like I used to... It's nice to see so many familiar names (and take a moment to remember those that are longer with us).
"Tom B" wrote in message
<lot'sa snippage (excuse my grammer ;<)
I don't have a clue why this didn't show up in the proper thread... my apologies Tom
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:09:19 -0600, "Tom B"

Savvy man, that Ben.

John knew what the gov't welfare roles would turn out, didn't he?

I don't think I can name one single CONgresscritter who feels that way. It's all "ME, ME, ME, more for me!"

I hadn't realized that judicial corruption was that entrenched way back then.

One word: EXCAVATE! then pour an 18" sunken slab (perhaps with a sump pump in the corner, just in case.)

Cool!
Practice? Ain'tcha got it down _yet_?

Welcome back, Tom. <waves>
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson
On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 06:29:17 -0800, Larry Jaques

Ah yes I want term limits, and an added retirement bit at a federal prison all expenses paid from any politcal contributions left over.
Mark
On 11/25/2010 9:07 AM, Markem wrote:

And I want "None Of The Above" as a choice on every ballot.

And 50+% of the total number of voters to win. None of this 47 to 33 and some leftovers and 47 wins.

How about needing more than 1/3 of the total number of eligible voters?
--
Best regards
Han

Totally agree but I would like to see 50%. Seems the candidates don't recognise the fact that no shows are actually saying "no" to all involved. But then the politicians don't want that fact to come out in the open.
"Leon" wrote:

------------------------------- Sitting back on ones hands and not participating in the voting process is not a viable option.
IMHO, if you don't vote, don't bitch should apply.
As the old saying goes, "There ain't no free lunch", especially when it comes to voting.
Off the box.
Lew