O/T: Take Your Choice

Page 2 of 2
And that's the problem with him . Too many did believe him and disregarded his history ----- Ayers , Wright , Acorn etc. Now we all suffer the pain of the National " Mistake " .

A local morning news team was chit chatting about the fact that California is dry and having major fires and by comparison they use Georgia and say that they don't need the rain. More of the Let's take things out of context and make it sound sensational mentality. Georgia was in desperate need of rain to help curb a 2 year drought.

Yep,
We now have an official monsoon season in Al, some spots have had 12 inches since Saturday with more promised.
Odd weather, it usually rains very little in August and September(unless there's a hurricane) and I can't remember the last time I stepped on dry ground.
basilisk

We were up in Atlanta over the weekend, escaping from the football crowds. What a mess. Someone was killed changing a tire (knocked over the upper ramp wall onto I-85 below) on the I285-I85 "spaghetti bowl". The game here was postponed something like three hours.

I finally got to mow the front lawn last night. It's been 2-1/2 weeks. I'll do the back tonight, if I can get back there.
These are tropical storms. Better them than Hurricanes. Martin
basilisk wrote:

That is certianly true except for the topical storm that hit Houston in 2001. The rain, the 37" in 2 weeks of rain, was worse than hurricane Ike that hit here last year. But mostly tropical storms are better than hurricanes.
I lost about an acre of hardwoods - laid them over and snapped off 15 feet in the air. IKE did a number on us.
Martin [ have .51" today - light rain all day. ]
Leon wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Not remotely true ... In 66 years of living on the Gulf Coast through many hurricanes, the only home I ever lost was to "Tropical Storm Allison" on June 9, 2001.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

I'll choose Baja, Lew.. Just sun and sand with humidity...

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
"mac davis" wrote:

Just a few drug cartels and muggy till November.<G>
Lew

Is it Mother Nature? Or is it poop? Apparently one big fire was caused by spontaneous combustion of a manure pile.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/09/ventura-county-fire-burns-6000-acres-caused-by-spontaneous-combustion-of-manure.html
Lee Michaels wrote: ...

Nothing much more natural than that... :)

Tell that to my wife.
Robatoy wrote:

Makes mental note not to go in Rob's backyard. ;-)
--
Froz...

"Lee Michaels" wrote:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/09/ventura-county-fire-burns-6000-acres-caused-by-spontaneous-combustion-of-manure.html
Reported but not yet confirmed by the arson squad.
Lew