O/T: Stopping BP Leak

Page 1 of 2
Best idea I've seen yet.
This will work.
Needs some help getting an audience with the right people.
Your help appreciated to help spread the word.
I have no vested interest other than to get this situation under control.
http://tinyurl.com/28jaw6n
Thank you.
Lew Hodgett, PE

Any idea how they tighten all the nuts and bolts?
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 01:27:09 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

I'm quite sure that James Cameron or Robert Ballard could show them how THEY did this sort of thing at more than twice the depth.

Tightening nuts and bolts?
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:15:52 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Screws loose?

At depths exceeding a mile.
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:21:36 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Ballard has done extensive work at three times that depth. Cameron has worked at at least 2 miles.

Tightening nuts and bolts?
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:23:45 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Oh, and there are MANNED submersibles that can work at almost 4 miles depth.
On Jun 14, 2:31pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

All you need now is a skilled, volunteer crew.
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:19:54 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Volunteer? Do you think BP is made up of volunteers?
Meanwhile, Cameron already offered HIS services to help, and was rebuffed by BP, who doesn't want any outsiders to see what is really going on.

You think they are somehow faking the live video of the well?
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:56:37 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

You are not seeing everything.

And you are?

BTW, what's stopping Cameron from just doing what he thinks he can do? Last I heard he was going to "forward a number of reports to appropriate government agencies". Has he done that part yet?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:46:35 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

He lacks the authority to take over the operation. BP has legal paperwork giving THEM complete control. The president of the US apparently doesn't think even he has the authority to place observers or advisors on site without BP's permission.

I can see where BP maintains control, but can't see how they can stop an observer. The lease documents would have to specify complete control over a large area of the sea surrounding the well. Even then wouldn't the government maintain 'inspection' rights?
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:14:03 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Get serious. The government is essentially powerless to order BP to do anything. They can only negotiate and try to use pressure to get them to do ANYTHING. And, no, outside observers are not allowed anywhere near the site without permission from BP.
They are in complete control of the site.
I've been waiting for someone to do things right and snip previous posts but I guess I have to do it myself.
CW wrote:

Amazing ain't it?
Good job BTW!
--
Jack
Stop Government Waste, Abolish Congress!