O/T: Stimulus money

Courtesy of my 93 year old cousin, she is still a spitfire.
Enjoy ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This morning President Bush said each one of us would get $300.00.
It was $800.00 but they dropped it to $300.00 tax rebate.
If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.
If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs, and neither will help the American economy.
The way I see it, we need to keep that money here in America, so the only way I can see to keep that money here at home is drink beer or spend it on prostitution, those are the only businesses still in the U.S.
+++++++++++++ Lew

Lew, you could multiply the use of that money easily by a factor of two. If you sent me your money, I would appreciate it every bit of $300 worth right off the bat.
Then in the same spirit, I would be glad to shoulder the responsibility of spending it EXACTLY as you suggested.
Your friend,
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

"drink beer". Hmph. Drink Jack Daniels, made in Lynchburg, Tennessee since 1875.
--John
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:36:30 -0500, "J. Clarke"

On the way from Tupelo to McMinville to conduct due diligence on Powermatic, (got to at least try to keep this on topic), stopped in Lynchburg and took the tour of Jack Daniels. If you've never done it and get the chance you should. It is a hoot and very interesting.
Frank

And the aroma in those warehouses scattered about in those hills is wonderful.
Frank Boettcher wrote:

Agree with that. Was on a business trip and stuck over the weekend a few years ago, we went over to Lynchburg. Very interesting tour. It's restrained me from kicking safes when they don't open.

When somebody's mortgage goes from $ 400 to $ 1000 per month, and he's already behind by 3 months... that $ 300.00 will set him free.

Wow... what buzzkill. I was thinking suds and strange. It was 25 years ago at nickel beer night ....
Then *poof*.
Sigh.
Robert
Robatoy wrote:

Clark Howard, a consumer-oriented radio guy I like to listen to in the shop, calls the Stimulus Package "The Politician Protection Act of 2008!" <G>
<http://clarkhoward.com/

E.g. donate to a political campaign.
--
FF

Seems that being a congressperson or a senator is the only legal form of prostitution left.
P D Q