O/T: Star Nine (AKA: *9) Is Retired

Page 2 of 2
Lew Hodgett wrote: ...

As can be which wasn't very at the end which, mercifully, came yesterday afternoon...
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:44:01 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
My condolences to you for your loss. My congratulations to your mother for her longevity and her attitude.
I believe you were one of the parties involved in a thread a few months back about advance directives and such. Seems to me NailGunBob and Swing were, too. There was lots of good info in that thread, not all of which I've been able to implement with my mother yet.
However, let me hijack and update. To refresh, my mother lives in a condo above her sister 250 miles south of us and she'll be 89 in August. Three weeks ago, she called and said she was in the hospital . The long and short of the visit was they discovered a tumor in her aschending colon and she would need surgery.
We went down there and spent nearly two weeks, some in the hospital some helping after she got hom. Fortunately it was done laparascopically and 11 days post-op she boarded an airplane with her sister for their annual trip to Western NY where they spend the summer with their three other sisters. To say there's fire, spunk, and determination in that old bird would be an understatement.
I have long given up trying to get her to move closer, but the importance of advance directives and HIPPA waivers with every medical transaction was clearly driven home to her. There'll be quite the conversation when she comes back South in September.
Best wishes, Lew. I hope your kids have *9 programmed, too.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I"m sure there will be, Lew.
Even though you're going through a hard time, you've told a wonderful story. It's obvious there was a lot of love in the Hodgett family.
Thank you for sharing that with us. My heart goes out to you. Hugs, man.
Tanus

You're not getting my Michelob...
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Condolences. Lew. Consider that you had 30 more years with your Mom than I did with mine. All in all, you were blessed and should rejoice in your memories.
Vic