O/T: SOS Different Day

Do you know how one arrives at Global Climate?

Bus?

Sounds good as long as you pack your snowshoes and your surfboard so you're ready for anything.

"Take a right at New York, then straight on 'til morning." idden it?
-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London
On 12/5/2010 1:36 AM, Bob Martin wrote:

Dimmer are those who are incapable of understanding that local weather is the sole ingredient of which the climate of any region is composed, and who color that warped comprehension with self-delusional, moral superiority.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Goes with the tofu, Prius and subscription to Alda & Begley Weekly.

Ah yes, the Prius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTOyiKLARk

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:11:54 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Curses. Foiled Again!
"The video you have requested is not available.
If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process. "
-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

The Pious generates far more smug, though.
On 12/5/10 8:59 AM, Swingman wrote:

If this were facebook, I'd hit, "Like." :-)
--

-MIKE-

Precisely!

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message

Yes actually, when the Great Lakes get warmer, the Lake Effect is more pronounced.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Ayup, My snowblowing schedule for the past few days:
Thursday - 15 hrs. Friday - 9 hr. Saturday - 5 hr.
Two highlifts and stream of dump trucks started clearing my street, a small two lane residential, at about 10 PM yesterday (Friday). They finished about 2 PM today (Saturday).
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I know some people in Watertown, Jack... they say this is as much snow as they have ever received. I recall them having a snowblower on top of their roof one year.
http://tinyurl.com/2bcksph
Robatoy wrote:

It's definitely not the most snow we've gotten but it's the wet, heavy snow that sets like concrete.
The town of West Seneca is listed at 36". I live in South Buffalo and although there is no offical reading they're now saying South Buffalo was the hardest hit. The snow in my back yard before it compacted slightly was even with the top of my 4" chain link fence.
If interested see the newspaper article at:
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article274182.ece
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I always enjoy people who don't quite get what the word 'lake' means around here... http://tinyurl.com/27ugshf
Robatoy wrote:

--------------------------------- Would invite people to go sailing on my little "bath tub", all 50 miles x 250 miles of it, AKA: Lake Erie.
BTW, it' the 2nd smallest of the Great Lakes, Huron, Michigan and Superior are all larger.
Lew
On 12/4/10 6:07 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I grew up on Erie. I tell people they are essentially a fresh water ocean.
--

-MIKE-

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:33:31 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

All I can say is "Nuckin' Futs!" to people who continue to live in that. Better you than me. I have _some_ semblance of sanity.
-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams
Larry Jaques wrote:

Larry, are you sure? This time of year I keep telling myself "Novak, your $*#&!+? nuts!"
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA