O/T: SOS Different Day

Page 1 of 3
"Lake Effect Snow", AKA: "Lake Erie Snow Machine" has struck again.
The folks in upstate New York get hit first time this year.
Parts of the Thruway are a parking lot.
SOS, different day.
Time for some to get up on the roof and start shoveling.
Mean while, it's 72F outside my window, but the rains are coming.
I'll take it..
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/3/2010 2:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Global Warming, no doubt ...
Tim Daneliuk
βœ–

Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming…
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/03/10 5:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

They just don't know how to drive in it, I saw a demolition derby on a Polish highway on the news.
--
Froz...

βœ–

There's a beauty on youtube somewhere of a tunnel in Russia where things got a bit slippy.... funny stuff, that.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/3/2010 4:28 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Do you recall a year or two ago when they had to cancel some GW powwow in Washington D.C. because it was too stormy and cold? The irony was too much ...
βœ–
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:08:02 -0600, Tim Daneliuk

They almost cancelled the AGWK summit meetings in HopenChangen, erm, I mean Frozenhagen for the same reason. That was the one where all the attendees, bigwigs in the GW scam, came to the summit in LIMOUSINES. I think the count was 1,200+ limos, 140 private jets, caviar wedges, and one lone electric car. Hippofoockincrits.
-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams
Add pictures here
βœ–
I wrote:

---------------------------- Tim Daneliuk wrote:

----------------------------- Classic example of a total lack of comprension of the event.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/3/10 6:47 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I think it's more likely humorous poke at those who still haven't figured out that "man caused global warming" is a giant pile of horse $h!t.
--

-MIKE-

βœ–
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:47:36 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

I'm a curmudgeon, but even _I_ got the joke. Loosen up, Lew.
-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams
Add pictures here
βœ–

Which event?

βœ–
Central Europe is really getting hit hard with this global warming…
**************************
Global WARMING?? I always thought that when you warm anything, it never got cold
Add pictures here
βœ–

George, George, George...... The physical manifestation of Global Warming comes as white powder from the sky. (tongue firmly planted in cheek) It is supposed to be funny...Funnneeee...repeat after me, funnnneeee.....
The whole Global Warming hoax has been exposed as an evil attempt at pushing us into even more tax brackets. That fat pig, Gulfstream flying con-artist Al Gore is making millions off us by "booga-Booga- ing" the weak minded.
If there is a warming trend, it isn't because Rob is eating too many beans.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/4/2010 9:04 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Not any more ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Climate_Exchange

Have more beans: http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

You sure about that now....<eg>
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/4/2010 9:47 AM, Robatoy wrote:

If the wind shifts back from the North we'll let you know. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Right, the hoax was exposed and Algore's money train derailed, finally.

Go Joe!
-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/3/2010 4:12 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Daughter in UK sent me pictures of 3' of snow in Sheffield the past couple of days.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I exhibited some of my products at an audio show in Hammersmith, UK and had the most incredible weather ever in The UK...in April, 1982. T- shirt weather, blue sky, not a drop of rain for 10 days. My cohorts tried to talk me into staying another week, but I had a commitment in Toronto so I couldn't. When I got home, the tele was showing the pile- ups of cars on the M4 due to heavy snow. I couldn't even get through to my friends at Cambridge (to neener them, of course) because the telephone lines were down. This all happened within a period of 48 hours. There are some serious winters on record in the UK. They say that they started driving on the wrong side of the road during one of those storms and were too stubborn to admit they messed it all up.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I realise that one has to be extremely dim to be incapable of differentiating between global climate and local weather, but surely there is a limit?
Add pictures here
βœ–